The main objective of patch 2.600 is to fix some key bugs, not to make wide sweeping changes to the game.
The key bugs we’re looking to fix are:
- A fix to the current delay for an Heavy Machine Guns switching windows when in a building and return proper operation for British emplacements and other units that were affected by patch 2.502.
- Fix the Pak 38 camouflage stacking bonus modifier that increases the gun’s damage beyond the intended effect.
- Commonly known as the ‘burst fire bug’ will be addressed, an issue that allowed some units to ignore their weapon cooldowns.
- A new map for Panzerkrieg along with a fix for the free defensive infantry bug. Some balance changes will also be incorporated for the Panzerkrieg tanks.
There are further bug fixes and changes in the patch, such as a reduction to the effectiveness of the T17, but these are the main points.
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor v2.502
- Fixed a crash that occurred while automatching in an operation automatch.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the Worldbuilder when saving a valid map.
- Action markers work again in the Worldbuilder.
- The default map folder in the Worldbuilder works again.
- There is now a delay that affects how quickly an MG will swap between windows. An MG will have to stay at a window for a short period of time ~ 2 seconds before it can move to another window
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor v2.501
- Fixed an issue where a glider shot down in mid-air would prevent the commonwealth faction from being ‘annihilated’
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if a player was alt-tabbed during the count-down and loading screens
- Fixed an issue where in some cases Deploy Marksmen and Canister Shot could not be used on team weapons.
- Hotkeys have been added for the Italian version
- Caen campaign NISs were missing sound in the German version of COH, it has been re-added
- Fixed an issue where units would rush into point-blank range when told to attack an un-setup team weapon, instead of shooting from max range
- Fixed an issue where a scorched point that had repairs begun on it, but were interrupted, would not allow repairs to restart on it for an unintended duration
- Fixed crash on Tiger Ace Mission 3
- Improved memory usage when environmental reverb is disabled
- Improved CoH’s ability to notice new keys to make purchasing from ESDs a better experience
- Fixed sync error that would occasionally happen when one player drops in a multiplayer game
- Fixed a bug with reward vehicles and LAN games
- Fixed a bug related to swapping factions when starting a multiplayer game
- Fixed a crash related to queuing up commands before all players have finished loading in a multiplayer game
- Fixed an issue where the Direct-Fire cursor would not change to capture-cursor when moved over Victory or Munition points when Direct-Fire is active
- Fixed Churchill flamethrower to work with Direct-Fire
- Fixed tank MGs to fire while in Direct-Fire mode
- Fixed numerous issues with saved games crashing when certain abilities were activated
- Fixed an issue where the sounds of HMG rounds would continue to play after death
- Fixed some issues with glider sounds
- Fixed ocean ambience in Point-du-Huc
- Fixed blocking object placement on 4p Vire River Vally
- Fixed blocking object placement on 6p Villers Bocage
- Fixed blocking object placement on single player Villers Bocage
- Improved Stukka sounds
- Improved audio in Tiger Ace campaign
- Improved UI for many lobby screens
- Numerous help text updates
- The British Staghound will no longer gain veterancy like American vehicles
- An unintended resource income modifier for players in team games that was added in 2.4 has been reverted due to unintended effects on gameplay
- King Tiger now costs 500 manpower to call-in
- Jagdpanther now costs 500 manpower to call-in
- Assault Grenades now incur damage and a stun effect; the help text still needs to be updated to reflect the new stun effect
- Panzerkrieg – The Hotchkiss’ capturing speed has been decreased
- Fixed tread breaker long range shot for Panzerkrieg
- Panzerkrieg fix – occasionally when a tank’s main gun destroyed, it would not be repaired by the repair station
- Added community maps to the map pool:
- Added 2p Industrial Riverbed
- Added 2p Ruins of Rouen
- Added 4p Duclair
- Added 4p Road To Montherme
- Added 6p Red Ball Express
- Added 6p Vimoutiers
- Optimized 6p Villers Bocage
- Optimized 2p Lyon
- Due to the implementation of new abilities and addition of content for Tales of Valor, several hotkeys have been revamped:
- Unload = “D”
- Cut Wire = “W”
- Hold Fire = “D”
- Upgrade Demolitions = “O”
- Minesweeper Upgrade = “N”
- Plant Demolitions = “O”
- Quad .50 cal upgrade = “Q”
- Mine Clearing (crab) = “C”
- Throw Satchel = “L”
- Thompson Rifle upgrade = “P”
- Axis Assault = “L”
- Fire Panzerfaust = “Z”
- Observed Fire = “B”
- Supervise = “V”
- Throw Bundled Grenade = “B”
- Incendiary Grenade = “Y”
- Kettenkrad = “K”
- Panther Battle Ground = “P”
- Marder III = “M”
- Overdrive = “O”
- Sprint = “I”
Featuring three intense campaigns, brand-new multiplayer modes and an innovative "direct-fire" feature that allows even more tactical control during the heat of battle, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor will immerse players in some of the most historic, tide-turning clashes of World War II.
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is the next standalone chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise, featuring all-new content, including three single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes, additional maps and units. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor also introduces a new "direct-fire" feature that allows players more tactical control of their units and more strategic options in-game. Developed by internal studio Relic Entertainment and powered by Relic's proprietary Essence Engine, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is fully compatible with Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, allowing players who own the entire series complete access to the epic battles of World War II.
“Building upon the recent critical and commercial success of Dawn of War II, Relic Entertainment is set to deliver the next great chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise,” said Kevin Kraff, vice president of global brand management, THQ. “Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor strengthens Relic Entertainment’s reputation as a leading RTS developer, with an unwavering dedication to innovative, ground-breaking gameplay experiences.”
“Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor brings an exceptional amount of tactical control and intimate combat to the franchise,” said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “The three new single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes and advanced gameplay mechanics emphasize precision and require players to use a new level of strategy and skill to achieve victory during the historic battles of World War II.”
Internally developed by Relic Entertainment, the game is currently scheduled for release on April 9, 2009 for $29.99.
More articles about Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor