The biohazard threat has not ended: Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player’s spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organization, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. He is joined by a new partner, Sheva Alomar, who lends her strength, intelligence and sharp-shooting skills to the mission. In order to survive, Chris and Sheva must work together to take on the challenges of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience Resident Evil in new ways. In Resident Evil 5, Capcom will have players fearing the daylight as much as they have feared shadow in previous games.
For fans of the highly popular series, the box set is not to be missed as it will include a host of never-before-seen collectible items not available anywhere else. All designed around RE5’s Kijuju setting and the game’s in-depth storyline, the box will include a Tricell messenger bag, Chris Redfield figurine, BSAA patch and Kijuju-inspired pendant.
The Resident Evil 5 Original Soundtrack 3-CD set is released today to retail through Sumthing Else Music Works. The physical CD is distributed by Sumthing Distribution and the digital release is available on Sumthing Digital and iTunes.
Lead Composer Kota Suzuki: "As the look of the game has changed from the previous series, I spent many hours trying to figure out how to approach it with music. We tend to relate horror with darkness, but this time the game takes place in Africa with a blazing hot sun." I contemplated on how I could stir the player's emotion by music embodying two opposite elements? After much trial and error, the director came up with a key phrase 'panic horror.' And from there, I put my focus on panic-stricken music for the players. In fact, I did often get panicky while playing this game myself. I wonder what your experiences will be?"
- Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns
- Chris is joined by new character Sheva Alomar, an African special agent tasked with investigating the epidemic
- 2 player co-op online gameplay means that players are not alone in their fight against the horror lurking around every corner
- Simultaneous global release date for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 13, 2009
- New enemies bring new challenges: speed and intelligence make adversaries as dangerous singly as they are in groups.
- An arsenal of weapons at the player’s command to keep the evil at bay, including knives, pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles and more.
- Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense in both harsh light and deepest shadow
- True high definition gaming on multiple game platforms, using an advanced version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the next-gen, million-plus hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
Resident Evil 5 is currently scheduled for release in Japan on March 12, 2009, and in North America on March 13, 2009.
More articles about Resident Evil 5