In Aion, gamers explore a celestial world of breath-taking beauty and epic adventure. Players create either winged Elyos or Asmodian avatars, sworn enemy races that discover a common foe: the twisted and depraved Balaur.
In Aion, players experience the thrill of flight as a strategic and integral part of gameplay that touches combat, quests, and exploration. In addition to unprecedented character customization and unmatched visuals, Aion invites players to soak up its breath-taking world through exploration of more than 1,500 quests, intense visceral combat, and a deep crafting system. For the first time in an MMO, Aion introduces a new game system that pits players against each other and their environment simultaneously in an otherworld zone called the Abyss.
The centerpiece of the Aion Limited Collector’s Edition is a 6 1/2-inch hand-painted figurine of the powerful Aiva, a female winged Asmodian Daeva. Aiva sports detachable wings and wields a removable axe. The Limited Collector's Edition features several exclusive in-game items, including the Black Cloud Wings, which greatly enhance flight time, the Black Cloud Earring, which boosts health and mana while playing, and an exclusive title that enhances an avatar’s abilities.
Additional in-game items include two exclusive character animations, called emotes, as well as a special dye color to customize player avatars’ equipment. Opening the box uncovers two dual-sided posters depicting maps of Elysea and Asmodae, the home regions of the two player races. The Aion Limited Collector’s Edition box also contains the official Aion soundtrack by composer Yang Bang-Ean (known as Ryo Kunihiko in Japan), the Aion game client on two DVDs, a quick reference card, and a game manual.
Aion's standard version first production run is packaged in a premium SteelBook metal case, which includes the game DVDs, a user manual, and a quick reference card.
The Aion Limited Collector’s Edition will sell at an anticipated price of US$69.99, while the Aion standard edition will sell at an anticipated price of US$49.99. Both retail packages include 30 days of game time. After 30 days, a monthly subscription fee of US$14.99 for the game service will apply. Other pricing options will also be available. Pre-order purchases, available at retail stores June 9, can be applied to the Aion Limited Collector’s Edition or the standard edition of Aion. Details about pre-order benefits and subscription pricing options for Aion will be announced at a later date.
- A massively multiplayer online game featuring antagonistic relationships between angels, demons and a server-controlled NPC faction, The Dragons.
- The most amazingly beautiful and detailed MMORPG ever, that brings the realities of what you can imagine to life.
- The Crytec game engine is used to create unprecedented freedom of 3D movement for your character in the game world - climb sheer cliffs and fly through moving clouds.
- Powered by cutting-edge graphics technology, this game provides Hollywood quality cinematic control of scene and perspective.
- Control and transform the world – servers feature independently driven, player inspired storylines.
- Cultural boundaries are defied through this offering of art, story and style with global appeal.
- Asia’s top New Age musician, Yang Bang Ean, whose work includes compositions for television, feature films and anime series such as the “The Twelve Kingdoms™” (Juuni Kokki), provides an amazing original score for the game.
- Introducing PvPvE – an evolving conflict system that manages the complex relationships and alliances between realms, races and guilds, and also controls an NPC faction, The Dragons, who are the common enemy of all players.
More articles about Aion: The Tower of Eternity