BattleForge is an epic RTS fantasy game that combines the pace of RTS gameplay with the customization of trading cards in an online environment where friends can play together. BattleForge pioneers strategy gaming with its online multiplayer design and robust community features.
In BattleForge, players use virtual trading cards to build the perfect army and lay waste to their foes. The cards are the tools of war each representing a spell, building or unit that is conjured directly onto the battlefield. This interface enables players to customize and combine factions, and play with a unique army of their own design. With no base building and production queues, BattleForge players are instantly immersed into fast-paced RTS action.
BattleForge features single-player and cooperative scenarios, as well as, Player vs. Player (PvP) ranked duels. Co-op battles are played in teams of two or four, or players can hurl themselves into epic 12 player battles for the greatest rewards. In these scenarios, players must work cooperatively to fulfill the mission and earn rewards. With co-op play, guilds, chat rooms, and a robust marketplace featuring direct trade, an auction hall, and in-game mail, BattleForge is the first RTS to combine the social and community aspects of an MMO with an exciting RTS.
Featuring action-packed co-op and PvP, the ability to build your own army, and robust community features, BattleForge offers unique RTS gameplay that is easy to learn but still prepared to handle expert players.
BattleForge comes with four ready-made faction decks based on the four elements in the game - Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow and 3000 BattleForge points. The BattleForge Points allow players to buy an additional 12 booster packs bringing the box total to 160 cards. Players can use BattleForge Points to purchase new cards in booster packs. Booster packs contain eight cards - 5 common, 2 un-common, 1 rare or ultra rare, all for just 250 BattleForge points. This dynamic system allows players to customize their RTS experience with content that can be purchased at their own discretion.
"BattleForge is a specialized RTS which has so much more to offer to the players whether they are straight up RTS fans or collectible card gamers. The battles are becoming more epic as the players' skills are advancing," said Producer Michael Krach, "There has never been a better time to get into the action on BattleForge."
- Use the forces of Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow to stake your ground and battle for survival.
- Card-based gameplay makes BattleForge easy to pick up and play yet provides countless hours of challenges and strategic action.
- Win, trade, auction, and buy cards online to create your ultimate deck and build the most powerful army possible.
- Take full advantage of a wide range of community-based features including guilds and cooperative online battles with friends!
- Wage epic warfare on 40 expansive, detailed maps.
- Fight for supremacy in intense player-vs.-player combat.
- Up to 12 players can team up for epic co-op quests and warfare on massive battlegrounds.
EA Phenomic Studio's BattleForge, rated T for Teen, is currently available worldwide for $29.99
More articles about BattleForge