EA's Need for Speed Undercover takes the franchise back to its roots and re-introduces break-neck cop chases, the world's hottest cars and spectacular highway battles.
Need for Speed Undercover has players racing through speedways, dodging cops and chasing rivals as they go deep undercover to take down an International crime syndicate. The new game heralds the return of high-intensity police chases and introduces the all-new 'Heroic Driving Engine' -- a unique technology that generates incredible high-performance moves at 180 miles per hour during breathtaking highway battles.
The Challenge Series is free and features 60 events across two new game modes including the opportunity to earn up to three new cars. The premium Boss Car pack will give players access to Undercover’s specially customized boss vehicles for $5.00 (400 MS points).
- Highway Wars is the ultimate fusion of Undercover’s signature Highway Battles with the adrenaline fueled competition of sprint racing. In this mode, players will race at top speeds through traffic filled highways against three AI opponents in a winner take all battle to the finish line.
- Highway Checkpoint forces the player to push their car to the limit as they weave through traffic in an attempt to make it to the next checkpoint before time expires.
- Players can also earn three new vehicles as they complete the Challenge Series. Each vehicle is available for use in career or online and has been specifically tuned to compete against the top cars in the game.
- Battle Machine Mazda RX-7 will be awarded upon completion of the first 30 events.
- Speed Machine Porsche 911 GT2 with matte black paint and custom gold liveries will be awarded after completing all 60 of the Challenge Series events.
- Dominator Corvette Z06 is for players that dominate a minimum of 31 events.
Boss Car Pack
This premium car pack gives players access to the entire fleet of boss cars featured in Undercover. These high performance machines are tuned for maximum performance in their appropriate tiers enabling players to compete against the fastest cars in each tier of Undercover.
- Carmen's Shelby GT500
- Chase’s BMW M6
- Chau Wu’s Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG
- G-Mac’s Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
- Hector’s Nissan 370Z
- Nickel’s Dodge Viper SRT10
- Rose’s Porsche 911 GT2
- Zack’s Volkswagen Scirocco
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP and VISTA with latest service pack installed
- Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 2.8GHz or higher (3.0GHz if running Windows Vista)
- 1GB RAM
- Geforce 6500, Radeon 9500 or better DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 or above (AGP and PCIe only) using a supported chipset
- DirectX compatible sound card
- 8X or faster DVD Drive
- 5.5 GB of HD space required to install game
- To play online a network card is required for broadband connectivity
A mix of stunning computer graphics and live-action movies will immerse gamers in the rich world of the Tri-City Bay Area. The city's open-world environment features over 80 miles of roads, including an enormous highway system that sets the stage for heart-pounding highway battles. These high-speed, high-stake chase sequences will push players to the limit as they fight off cops and opponents while whipping through traffic at 180 miles per hour.
An intelligent new A.I. mechanic delivers a realistic and high-energy action driving experience. Going back to the franchise's roots, Need for Speed Undercover features more aggressive and intelligent cops whose sole purpose is to take down the player quickly and by any means necessary. Need for Speed Undercover also features the series' signature car customization, real-world damage and realistic driving physics. The game includes some of the hottest licensed cars such as the Audi R8, BMW M6 and Lexus IS-F.
Developed by Black Box, Need for Speed Undercover is currently available worldwide on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii as well as the PS2, NDS, PSP, PC and mobile.
More articles about Need for Speed Undercover