With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
The ghost ship the ‘Black Mary’ will soon lie awaiting daring adventurers in a dark sinister grotto. In the very near future, the entrance to the high level dungeon ‘Treasure Trove’ with its long-forgotten pirate gold will open. The new instance is found in the online world of Runes of Magic in the newly created Ravenfell territory and furthers the story of the area’s involvement with the Black Sail Pirates. Currently, the Treasure Trove is undergoing final tuning on the test server.
A huge branching cave system awaits adventurers, its inhabitants; however, have long since said farewell to the world of the living. The entrance is guarded by undead pirates. The further players dive into the secret of the Treasure Trove, the more they will encounter ‘Bashing Drybone’ and skeletal warriors. Those who master this challenge will discover an abundant treasure trove on their quest for pirate gold. But be careful: one false step and players will find themselves waylaid by the giant octopus ‘Will’s Curse'.
The final battle awaits adventurer groups on board the ‘Black Mary’. The vanished pirate leader ‘Snow Blake’ and her company will square off against intruders in her cabin, where she will employ all of her undead phantom abilities to finish them off.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
More articles about Runes of Magic