Gears of War 2 has surpassed 5 million copies sold worldwide, and the overall “Gears of War” franchise unit sales have eclipsed the 11 million unit mark. To commemorate these milestones, Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games will unleash the “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection,” a value-packed compilation that combines all previous “Gears of War 2” Game Add-ons with brand new multiplayer and campaign content.
Included in the “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” is the “Gears of War 2: Dark Corners” Game Add-on, which features seven new multiplayer maps and a deleted campaign chapter titled “Road to Ruin.” In “Road to Ruin,” Marcus and Dom return to the Locust Hollow in a scene that can be played two ways, guns blazing or in all-new stealth mode.
Xbox LIVE will host a First to Play event at the Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle on Friday, May 15 (8pm - 11 pm). The event will provide fans with an exclusive opportunity to meet the creators behind the blockbuster franchise, and to be the very first to play an unreleased multiplayer map from the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, a compilation of new and previously released Gears of War 2 Game Add-ons that launches on July 28. This event is free and open to the public.
Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame
325 5th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
The Sky Church at the EMP|SFM will be transformed into a Gears of War arcade, complete with 20 Xbox 360® kiosks featuring new multiplayer content from the Gears of War 2: Dark Corners Game Add-on, which is included in the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection.
In addition, fans will get to hear directly from the makers of the game during a creators panel moderated by Xbox LIVE's own Major Nelson, Larry Hyrb. The panel will feature Epic Games President Dr. Michael Capps, and noted comic book author and lead writer for Gears of War 2, Joshua Ortega.
The First to Play Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection world premiere event kicks off at 8 P.M. and concludes at 11 P.M. PT. The event is limited to the first 800 attendees, so fans are encouraged to arrive early. In addition, all attendees will be able to tour the EMP|SFM during the event for free. The Experience Music Project (EMP) is dedicated to the exploration of creativity and innovation in popular music. By blending interpretive, interactive exhibitions with cutting-edge technology, EMP captures and reflects the essence of all forms of music. Visitors can view rare artifacts and memorabilia and experience the creative process by listening to musicians tell their own stories. The Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame (SFM) is the world's first museum devoted to the thought-provoking ideas and experiences of science fiction. SFM’s exhibitions promote awareness and appreciation of science fiction literature and media while encouraging visitors to envision new futures for humanity.
The seven new multiplayer maps in the “Gears of War 2: Dark Corners” Game Add-on are:
- Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and “processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.
In addition to the new content, the “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” also contains every “Gears of War 2” Game Add-on released to date, including the classic “Flashback” Map Pack, volatile “Combustible” Map Pack and the winter-themed “Snowblind” Map Pack. Also included is an introduction to “Road to Ruin” from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, along with a custom Xbox LIVE theme, collectible “Gears of War 2” poster and a strategy guide. Containing over 3,600 Microsoft Points worth of content, the “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” is an incredible value at $19.99.
Already enjoying the previously released “Gears of War 2” collection of map packs? Available day-and-date with “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” via download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the “Dark Corners” Game Add-on will be available separately for 1,600 MS Points.
Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, rated “M” for Mature, will be available only at retail, on July 28 for $19.99/£14.99/€19.99.
More articles about Gears of War 2