Full list of changes:
- Providence super-attacks are now optional in Multiplayer mode and can be disabled.
- The terraforming feature of the Exodus faction has been improved (recharge period decreased, radius of action increased).
- AI algorithms in Battle mode have been improved.
- A number of GUI flaws have been fixed.
- Recharge period of Providence attacks has been increased.
- Damage inflicted by the "Vortex" Providence attack (Exodus faction) has been increased.
- Damage inflicted by the "Blast" Providence attack (Exodus faction) has been increased.
- The energy cost for teleportation of Buildmasters has been increased.
- Armor and health values of heavy class units have been increased for both factions.
- Build period of special units has been increased for both factions.
- Build period of research centers (Cluster, Order) has been increased for both factions.
- Energy cost of the Harkback special unit (Golem) has been increased. Armor and health values for the Golem have been decreased.
- Heavy stationary turrets for both factions (Howitzers, Mortars) no longer break through the defensive energy shield (Perimeter). Damage inflicted and attack radius of Howitzers/Mortars have been decreased.
Hundreds years of traveling through time and space are over, but not the actual story. The fate of humanity that has been forced to leave dying Earth and flee to the deadly worlds of the Psychosphere is once again in your hands.
The Exodus, lead by the wise Spirits has been searching for the New Earth. The Harkback has lost faith in Spirits, throw off their rule and decided to head back for the Old Earth, not believing its death. They refused to believe in death of their planet. Both sides took the final step on their way, but the chain has enclosed and mortal enemies entered the same planet face to face.
What has caused the great Chain of Worlds to form a circle? Where has the dream about a new home led people? Are Exodus and Harkback controlling their own fate or are they just mere tools in somebody's hands? What are the true origins and intention of the Empire? All these and more new secrets of the "Perimeter" Universe will be revealed in the series of games which are currently in development by KDV Games studio.
This is a project for fans of the strategy genre, who appreciated the ideas of territorial gameplay, introduced in the original "Perimeter" game. Territorial warfare, confrontation of four elements - water, earth, fire and air - will become the basis of gameplay in sequel.
"Perimeter 2" is a game for fans of the strategy genre, who appreciated the ideas of territorial gameplay, introduced in the original "Perimeter" game. Territorial warfare, confrontation of the main elements will become the basis of gameplay in sequel.
"Perimeter 2" is a strategy for the fans of the "Perimeter" Universe, who are willing and ready to know the truth about the fate of Exodus, Harkback and Empire, as well as other forces affecting the course of events in the Universe.
"Perimeter 2" is a project for progressive gamers, searching for fresh ideas and new experience in the RTS genre. The game will introduce new energy gathering and utilization technologies and unit transformation mechanisms. New gameplay elements include excavation in search of mysterious psy-crystals and many more. The game also includes an original RPG system and unusual story-telling methods.
- The concept of territorial warfare, based on the conflict of water and ground and bringing gameplay to new dimension.
- Transforming units, assuring quick and effective reaction to the events on the battlefield and tactical diversity.
- Newly introduced Action-elements: players can enter the battle using the Providence - a Tactical Manipulator of Direct Action - and its super attacks, such as huge explosions, meteor showers, and more.
- Newly introduced RPG-elements: players can dig the gaming maps in search of psy crystals that are used to unlock and upgrade Procidence's super attacks. Apart from that psy-crystals hide important secrets about the past of New Earth.
- Exodus - the greatest expedition in the history of mankind, has reached its goal. But does it mean the end of suffering? And if New Earth is a trap, what price will it cost to escape? A new chapter of the sci-fi saga will answer many old and new questions.
Release date: Fall 2008.
More articles about Perimeter 2: New Earth