Get behind the steering wheel of the sleek Audi R8. Rock out with your friends to the latest music and party games. Discover a new chapter set in the iconic universe of "Halo." Xbox 360 has the most celebrated, highly anticipated games and experiences in the industry.
Third-party games play better on Xbox 360. Why? Because only Xbox 360 can pair must-have titles like this year's blockbuster from Infinity Ward, "Modern Warfare 2," "The Beatles: Rock Band" and "Tony Hawk: RIDE" with Xbox Live, the world's largest social network on your TV. The result? As the world's largest online gaming network, Xbox Live gives you more friends to play with and its exclusive collection of Game Add-ons ensures the fun never ends. It leaves only one question: Why would you play these blockbusters anywhere else?
- Get behind the wheel. Hit the straightaway in more than 400 cars on the world's most beautiful tracks in the definitive racing game for this console generation, "Forza Motorsport 3." Or get your avatar in the driver's seat as you tear up the track with your friends in "Joy Ride."
- Adrenaline-rushing exclusives. Xbox 360 is your top destination for the biggest exclusives this year and beyond, including "Halo 3: ODST," "Crackdown 2," "Alan Wake," "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™" and "Left 4 Dead 2."
- Tap into your inner musician. Xbox 360 continues to be the preferred venue for the music games you love. Discover the magic of music and The Beatles with "The Beatles: Rock Band" or start a spontaneous singing party with "Lips: Number One Hits."
With more than 1,000 titles to date, there's more than just one for you. Some of the most exciting games in 2009 and beyond are only on Xbox 360, including the following:
- 1 vs 100 (Microsoft Game Studios). Are you ready to win big? The "1 vs 100" U.S. and Canadian beta launches today, June 1, at 7:30 p.m. PDT. For the first time, "1 vs 100" on Xbox Live combines the best of TV gameshow experiences with social gaming to create the largest interactive game show in the world. Based on the hit TV game show of the same name, "1 vs 100 Live" is regularly scheduled and features a live studio host who provides comedic commentary throughout the show and fresh content from a team of trivia writers and experts. Players can play as "the one," "the mob" or "the crowd," for the chance to win real prizes. Check your local Xbox Live listings to join "1 vs 100 Live."
- Alan Wake (Remedy/Microsoft Game Studios). "Alan Wake" is the all-new psychological action thriller from the renowned creators of the "Max Payne" franchise. Coming in spring 2010 and exclusive to Xbox 360, "Alan Wake" will immerse players in an intense cinematic thrill ride of dreams and reality, where light is the only ally.
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Harmonix/MTV Games). On 09.09.09, "The Beatles: Rock Band" will allow fans all over the world to pick-up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles' extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band's legendary career. In addition, "The Beatles: Rock Band" offers Beatles fans the opportunity to rock out with new hardware replica controllers modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr throughout their careers. And, for the first time, players will be able to download music and make a change: Available only on Xbox 360, all Apple Corps, MTV Games and Microsoft proceeds from downloads of "All You Need is Love" will benefit Doctors without Borders.
- Crackdown 2 (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer2 gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City — by any means necessary.
- Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix). The world-renowned "Final Fantasy" will continue making its home on Xbox 360 with the upcoming release of "Final Fantasy XIII," the eagerly anticipated title from Square Enix. "Final Fantasy XIII" uses the power and cutting-edge technology of Xbox 360 to deliver seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and in-game cinematics as gamers summon the courage to execute powerful attacks with an evolved Active Time Battle system and ultimately fulfill their destiny. Scheduled to be released only in North America and Europe.
- Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10/Microsoft Game Studios). Launching this October, "Forza Motorsport 3" is the definitive racing game for everyone from hardcore tuners to anyone who's ever dreamed of driving at full-throttle. Backed by breathtaking HD graphics and bone-jarring physics, you'll take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. "Forza Motorsport 3" includes driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels, while new customization and sharing tools will further fuel the imaginations of the thriving "Forza Motorsport" community on Xbox Live.
- Gears of War 2: Dark Corners (Epic Games Inc.). The "Gears of War 2: Dark Corners" Game Add-on includes seven brand new multiplayer maps and a new campaign chapter, "Road to Ruin." "Dark Corners" launches on Xbox Live Marketplace on July 28. The entertainment blockbuster of 2008, "Gears of War 2" has now surpassed 5 million copies sold worldwide.
- Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft). Launching Sept. 22, "Halo 3: ODST" is a new game in the landmark "Halo" saga that lets players experience the events leading up to the epic story told in "Halo 3" through the eyes of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper). In addition to an all-new campaign, "ODST" includes three new "Halo 3" multiplayer maps and the complete, stand-alone "Halo 3" multiplayer experience.2 The game also introduces Firefight, an exciting new cooperative multiplayer mode that pits up to four players against increasingly challenging waves of enemies. As a special bonus, "Halo 3: ODST" also includes an invitation to the "Halo: Reach" multiplayer beta on Xbox Live. Also, launching on the same date with "Halo 3: ODST" is the "Halo 3: ODST Collector's Pack," which offers "Halo" fans a new and exclusive wireless controller and the game title in one package at a great price.
- Joy Ride (Big Park/Microsoft Game Studios). Avatars, start your engines! Full of wild driving fun, "Joy Ride" will get your adrenaline pumping as you tear up the track with your friends, or jump, flip and trick your way through the Stunt Park as you work with the whole community to unlock rewards. "Joy Ride" is completely free to download and gives you all new ways to play, whether you're looking for a quick game or a deep, custom social experience, all on Xbox Live.2 Design your dream car or purchase new tracks, game modes and avatar items. You can share the racetracks and game modes with your friends so no one is ever left out.
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Valve). "Left 4 Dead 2" is the sequel to the best-selling and critically acclaimed cooperative multiplayer smash from Valve, creators of "Half-Life," "Portal," "Team Fortress" and "Counter-Strike." Introducing melee weapons and new enemies to the original's award-winning gameplay, "L4D2" casts players as one of four new "Survivors" battling zombie hordes as they travel from Savannah, Ga., through New Orleans' French Quarter.
- Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward/Activision). On Nov. 10, 2009, Infinity Ward will make its return with the release of "Modern Warfare 2" on Xbox 360, the most-anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, "Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™." "Modern Warfare 2" continues the gripping and heart-racing saga with an unprecedented level of action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse. Xbox Live gamers will also be the first to get their hands on two "Modern Warfare 2" map packs coming first to Xbox 360.
- Shadow Complex (Epic Games Inc. and Chair Entertainment Group/Microsoft Game Studios). New from Epic Games and Chair Entertainment, "Shadow Complex" combines the best of old-school side-scroller design with modern, cutting-edge gameplay and incredible high-definition graphics. Collect power-ups, discover new abilities and evolve your character into a force of destruction as you explore an original story set in the world of Orson Scott Card's best-selling novel, "Empire." "Shadow Complex" marries the quality and depth of a full retail title with the accessibility you love, exclusively on Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft). Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 this fall, unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher and uncover a deadly terrorist plot in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction. Completely reinvented and revolutionized, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction ushers in a new breed of action gameplay leaving players fully immersed in the life of the world's most dangerous spy. Take full advantage of the 20 million member Xbox Live community in this latest installment of the award-winning "Splinter Cell" franchise.
- Tony Hawk: RIDE (Activision). Tony Hawk: RIDE redefines the sports genre by offering a dynamic hands-free gaming experience featuring an innovative skateboard controller. Using full motion sensing technology, players physically control the action by performing various movements and gestures on the board that directly translate into amazing tricks in the game. The skateboard controller provides an accessible and social gaming experience on Xbox 360 that allows players of all skill levels to battle for skateboard supremacy by challenging gamers worldwide over Xbox Live, the largest social gaming network.