The Bloodmoon has risen. Something is stirring, something feral, ancient and terrible. It began many years ago, with the discovery of the livestock, ripped to shreds, torn apart and devoured. The beast now has a taste for blood...our blood...there has been a murder - a vicious, brutal killing - out there on the mist shrouded moorland. A lone hiker, exploring our ancient land, has been discovered... mutilated and bloody. The beast struck at some point just after dusk, ripping out the throat. Our land was once the hunting ground for many vicious carnivores, but they have long since disappeared, hunted into extinction. Could those beasts have returned, to seek their revenge? Where or when have these monstrous creatures come from?
Spend a night on the mysterious moor, with only the canvas of your tent as protection. Listen out for the sounds, look out for the tell tale signs, or flee in fear when the pack closes in. You are a bold journalist, always looking for the next 'big story'. How far would you go to grab the front page? Would you risk your life, for a news story? If so, the ancient rock formation known as Bracken Tor awaits your arrival. The stony outcrop dominates the moor, and boasts several unnerving stories; from unexplainable glowing lights, to this latest horrifying incident. Are some places cursed? Or, are they haunted by those who went before?
Thrown into the ancient past of the Bronze Age people, you will find the true origins of the nightmare. Those primitive people lived in fear of the mighty beasts, making sacrifices to protect themselves from the packs, which hide in the thick pine forests and wind swept tundra. They practised long forgotten ceremonies, and studied the natural world, in an attempt to understand and conquer their foe. For it is only through understanding the 'old ways' that you will survive the night. You will have to decide what is worse...the beasts that lurk in the darkness, or the terrifying acts performed by our ancient ancestors.
- Explore the desolate moorland, searching for evidence.
- Travel back in time, to The Bronze Age, to learn its secrets.
- An complete interactive world; brought to life on your PC.
- Environmental sounds and weather to heighten the experience.
- An unnerving and eerie soundtrack to chill the blood.
- Experience virtual archaeology, and uncover the past.
- Survive beast attacks using items close at hand. Defend yourself!
- A complex and unusual story to piece together.
- Glean clues from newspaper articles and local radio broadcasts.
- Solve a bloody murder through investigation and detection.
More articles about Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw