In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
After having lived in secrecy for ages, the elves are surrounded by an aura of mystery and aloofness. Nevertheless they are considered as one of Taborea's oldest peoples. Because of their particular affinity with nature, the elves are mostly to be found in the remote and undisturbed areas of Taborea's large forests. Members of the elven people are characterized by an extraordinary intelligence and dexterity. Their metal-working skills are on a par with those of the dwarves, whereas their style is much more filigree. The design of elvish weapons is of great elegance, almost fragility. But in the hands of an elvish fighter, they reveal an impressive effectiveness. A decisive influence on the effects of the elvish weapons derives from their owner's purity and affinity with nature. Because of their esthetical value, the renowned elvish long swords and longbows are of great attractiveness for humans, too. But only the elves themselves possess the mental skills necessary to handle such elegant weapons.
Yore, the elvish kingdom has been located in the area of the present Aslan valley. Therefore the valley is also known as 'The Origin'. The elven kingdom was shattered in the time of the primeval war between against the demons. After an oracle prophecy, a part of the elven people abandoned the area under prince Isnasil to keep clear of the conflict. A second faction under king Antaikolon affronted the combat. To avoid such confrontations for the future, the elven king had a magical wall erected in the aftermath to hold back the evil Naga people being allied with the demons. By inserting the holy elven sword 'Arclight' into the wall, he rendered it unsurmountable. Since that time, the descendants of the elven fighters around Antaikolon served as guardians and paladins of the holy sword 'Arclight' dedicating themselves devotedly to the enlargement of their martial arts. When elven prince Sig'aylas removed the holy sword 'Arclight' from the wall hundreds of years later to defend his human truelove, the wall perished and the naga threat flared up once again.
With the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' for Runes of Magic, the elven people will enter the game world of Taborea. Starting with September 2009 players will be able to play their part.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic