As with its predecessors, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a story-driven game, with seasoned hero Solid Snake drafted for one final mission. Set across stages including the Middle East and South America, the now aged Snake has been asked to assassinate his old adversary, Liquid Ocelot. To do this, however, he must make his way through a series of battlefields, using his legendary stealth abilities and all-new OctoCamo suit to avoid detection and to reach his target. With series favourites such as Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden, Hal ‘Otacon’ Emmerich, and Roy Campbell returning, and with all new gameplay features including a remote-controlled ‘Metal Gear Mk. II’ droid and enhanced CQC (Close Quarters Combat) system, MGS4 will round of the Metal Gear saga with a fittingly cinematic and gripping final outing.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the final chapter in the saga of Solid Snake which sends him around the world in pursuit of his arch nemesis, Liquid Ocelot. Armed with new gadgets and abilities, Solid Snake must shift the tides of war into his favor, using the chaos of the battlefield to infiltrate deep into enemy territory. In his globetrotting final mission, Snake must sneak deep into enemy locations in the Middle East, South America, and other corners of the Earth to foil Liquid Ocelot's plans for total world domination.
MGS 4 Features :
- MGS4 pushes the power of the PS 3 to its limits with cutting edge graphics and surround sound. It also aims to be the hallmark title for the new DUALSHOCK 3 controller.
- Command Snake in his final mission which spans the entire globe as he attempts to foil Liquid Ocelot and his massive army of PMCs.
- Influence the tides of war through both passive and active means. Snake can directly aid local militia who engage invading PMCs soldiers, or encourage more fighting to slip past undetected amidst the commotion.
- Unlock custom weapons and modifications as you trade weapons with your black market weapons dealer, Drebin.
- Providing Snake with his most advanced stealth suit to date, OctoCamo, allows Snake to blend in with his environment as it digitally manifests nearby textures in real time.
- Otacon is back to support Snake by providing new high tech gadgets, including Metal Gear Mk. II, the ultimate reconnaissance tool, and Solid Eye, which gives Snake real-time information on enemies and his surroundings.
Metal Gear Online Features :
- Up to 16 players can battle it out individually or as a team
- Sons of the Patriot(SOP) system allows team mates to visually synchronize and monitor each other’s status at all times
- Players can select up to 4 skills to specialize in to match their play style and increase their effectiveness. Close Quarter Combat(CQC), Knife fighting, quickness, alertness, heavy weaponry mastery, demolition, and sniper mastery are just some of the skills you can specialize in
- Frequent future downloads will include new maps, new game type modes, skins and weapons
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is currently avaiable worldwide.
More articles about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots