Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows v1.6.7 Patch :
- Improved ortgay navigation around asteroids.
- Added missing options to Hiver DEPointDefence.
- Auto Resolve: Fixed ballistic damage modifiers not being applied vs planets.
- Fixed AI running undeployed hiver gate into battle.
- Fixed Hiver AI not expanding.
- Fixed AI responding about itself for like/hate messages.
- Fixed team option not working properly with standalone server.
- Fixed sort order for sectors in trade summary screen.
- Fixed arcology bonus being applied before pop modifiers instead of after.
- Fixed tech info display not listing all sections a tech would unlock.
- Fixed fleet layouts not replacing ships in the layout that died with ships of similar design.
- Fixed sync error with player rejoining shortly after another player acquired advanced sensors.
- Fixed Zuul slave disks not returning to ships when all enemies were eliminated.
- Fixed user clicking on VN Homeworld Discovered news event sometimes zooming to empty space.
- Fixed AI incorrectly responding to diplomatic requests.
- Fixed duplicate system entry in Vortex custom map.
- Fixed hold fire issues with asteroid monitor.
- Fixed spinning morrigi dreads when contacting leap mines.
- Fixed Node missiles flying through cruisers.
- Fixed swarm larva retreating inside planet during combat
- Fixed weapon list sometimes being cut off in design screen.
- Fixed main menu being rendered behind the game setup screens.
- Fixed node techs not showing some other benefits in research screen.
- Fixed exploit where Hivers could teleport to any secure sector, even if they could not trade or raid there.
- Fixed locking of player slots not being saved.
- Fixed Berserker attacks not being properly detected by science stations.
- Fixed end of turn crash.
- Fixed sync error in combat with grappling hooks.
- Fixed Slaver encounter slave discs bouncing off planet.
- Fixed issue with mouse cursor and dual monitors.
- Fixed incorrectly flagged PD targets.
- Fixed dead alliance members appearing in various diplomacy screens and ai messages.
- Fixed players editing teams for other players in the lobby.
- Fixed players with Ancient Morrigi researched not disabling the morrigi encounters.
- Fixed server launch pad icons.
- Fixed tranferring slaves failing if the were slaves already at the system.
- Fixed Zuul receiving "civilians disbanded" event when acquiring a colony.
- Fixed error displaying weight for massive ships in build screen.
- Fixed combat not knowing that a player refused surrender.
- Fixed independent systems not rebuilding infrastructure or terraforming.
- Fixed climate hazard not affecting populations for independent systems.
- Fixed AI treating a team with only one player as an alliance.
- Display details for fleets in the fleet manager.
- Double clicking on events for special projects being unlocked will now open the research screen.
- Tweaked MOTD appearance.
- Fill in all slots with default opponents when lobby is created.
- Increased range for gauss PD.
- Added AI tech election system. (for modders)
- Added option to group teammates closer together in starmap.
- Added Message of the Day to main menu.
- Issue events to all players when a grand menace is eliminated.
- Added band to show player's suitability range in population manager.
- Added end game splash screen for losing The Gathering and Progression Wars senarios.
- Added separate news event for each system when an empire surrenders to another player.
- Added news event indicating what techs have been unlocked.
- Added news event for infrastructure and terraforming completing.
- Added news event for start of Science Mission
- Added clicking on spinning research cube in starmap to open research screen.
Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows v1.6.6b Hotfix:
- Hotfix for reported crashes involving the presence of Ortgay.
This update will also serve to unify our Russian AMoC friends with the rest of the multiplayer world.
1- Fixed issue with ships standing off outside weapon range.
2- Corrected victory conditions for The Gathering scenario.
3- AI now responds correctly to "I like/hate" comm statements.
4- Readjusted combat layout to prevent possible collisions between deployed gates and orbiting stations.
5- EMP hits now correctly take down shields.
6- Ortgay's disintegrators are now simulated in auto-resolve.
7- Asteroid monitor is now positioned to intercept incoming enemies when possible.
8- Fixed known issues where the AI and grand menaces were not requesting cease combat.
9- Kinetic missiles no longer push spectres.
10- Surrendering to another player now correctly deals with xenoculture implications.
11- Fixed issue where drones could still exist on a destroyed ship section.
12- Identified and fixed issues with the strat AI (all races) that were holding back its performance.
13- Addressed issues with precision fixed beam aiming.
14- AI once again researches techs that are modded into the game.
15- Fixed auto-resolve issue where dreadnoughts were losing all weapons on a section prematurely.
16- Fixed auto-resolve issue where a deployed gate could survive losing its mission section.
17- Fixed issue where civilians would suffer a morale hit when a meteor threat was eliminated.
18- Fixed bug where Ortgay could damage a colony in auto-resolve.
19- Fixed issue where Ortgay could enter combat and then immediately leave.
20- Fixed issue where combat observers were preventing cease combat from working.
21- Fixed problem with combat reserves queue running past the bottom of the screen.
22- Fixed 'death-blossom' dreadnoughts that could result intermittently from drone collisions.
23- Fixed known issues with joint projects. They now work correctly when offered by the AI, and the reject/cancel mechanism is fixed.
24- Fixed issue where prisoners just added to a system would die immediately.
25- Fixed issues with Zuul slave discs not capturing civilian population.
26- Fixed issue where certain techs could not be salvaged.
27- Fixed cases where Hiver fleets incorrectly report next turn ETA.
28- Fixed all known issues where the trade slider was not sticking correctly.
29- Fixed ceasefire invitation not being cancelled when another player declines.
30- Fixed issue where civilian population disappeared when an indy world surrendered.
1- Removed Zuul player from The Gathering scenario.
2- VN moon base is now red on sensors to indicate it is an active weapons system.
3- Refugee mothership will now help shoot down incoming meteors.
4- Stranded Tarkas fleets no longer spam news events.
5- Double-clicking a mission objective no longer dismisses the Objectives window.
6- Silicoid swarmers are now PD class targets.
7- Wild weasels now affect tracking torpedoes.
8- VN homeworld no longer makes a trade sector insecure.
9- Tweaked AI behavior and layout of the VN homeworld.
10- Adjusted civilian morale response to their system surrendering.
11- The "Do you like me" comm request must now be directed at a specific player.
12- It is now possible to trade with a player who does not have a mutual FTL economy.
13- Asteroid monitors now respect the fleet hold fire setting (including firts-contact situations).
14- Drones now close on moving targets more intelligently.
15- Reduced initial turn number in progression wars scenario.
16- Specialized missiles are now allowed to fit into missile-only mounts.
17- Pushed out the pop-in distance for numerous large objects in combat.
18- Increased xenotech bonus for morrigi trans 1, 2 and 3 to 25% EACH.
19- "Consumptive" civilian populations now receive output and income bonuses.
20- Event history window has been optimized for scrolling.
21- All drones surviving combat are now recovered.
22- Disruptor whips now auto-fire.
23- colonizers no longer cause IMPERIAL population growth to halt.
1- There are now eight team designations to accommodate setting single-player teams.
2 - A stack of fleets on the star map will now prefer displaying the player's own fleet icon over other player's icons.
3- A popup menu now appears to clarify which fleet is desired when performing a move that ends on a stack of fleets.
4- Sensor images for COLs.
5- COL visual effects and sounds added for greater visibility.
6- Eliminated players are now grayed out in the player status window.
7- AI will now let other players know from time to time when its disposition toward them changes.
8- Added info button to the station build window.
9- Cease fire speech events.
10- Added a new comm message to transmit current information on all of your colonies to another player.
11- Added a newly-explored-system effect.
12- Added support for an custom map option "randomize,0" that prevents player colonies from being placed randomly.
13- Enemy fleet detected news event now provides more information on the fleet.
14- CTRL-clicking an option in the design screen will now select that option for other ship sections as well.
15- Design screen now remembers options when changing ship section types.
16- New skyboxes, splash screens and badges.
17- CTRL-double-click will now queue up one turn's worth of orders in the build queue.
18- Combat reserves: Double-click now moves item to the front of the queue and ALT-double-click moves all ships of the same design to the front.
19- Player is now notified when mining or refining stops due to colonization.
20- Build order queues now bundle runs of the same design for clarity.
A Murder of Crows is Kerberos Production’s latest addition to its 4X space strategy game franchise Sword of the Stars, exemplifying the continued commitment to the dedicated Sword of the Stars community.
While the four civilized races battle back the voracious Zuul and seek advantage over each other, a ghost from the past returns to the galaxy in the form of the manipulative Morrigi. Already known for their dark crow-shaped attack drones and deadly traps, this race once thought long extinct, returns looking for vengeance.
Using never-before-seen weapons, ships and tactics, the Morrigi fall upon the other five races of the Sword of the Stars universe, who must now adapt to the ancient masters of space or be destroyed.
Time is of the essence as world after world falls to the black winged ships that surge out of the dark like A Murder of Crows.
Key Features :
- A New Sixth race – The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
- New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
- Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi Ships – The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
- 15 new weapons
- 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
- Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
- Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
- Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
- A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows Vista)
- Video: DirectX 9 compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
- PC CD/DVD-ROM: 4x speed
- Available Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
- Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Multiplayer: High-speed Internet connection
- Other: Mouse, Keyboard, and Sound Speakers
A Murder of Crows, requires Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition or Born of Blood, will be available for purchase exclusively through GamersGate in September 2008.
More articles about Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows