The most successful arcade shooting game and a game that influenced and revolutionized the video game industry lands on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Space Invaders Extreme captures all of the action and excitement of the classic and takes it to the next level on Xbox LIVE Arcade – new design features maximize performance and play on the console. For the first time, experience Space Invaders in fully immersive sound and vivid high-definition on the next-gen system, with visuals that will excite your senses!
Space Invaders Extreme is coming out with new DLC tomorrow night, Wednesday, June 17, 2009. There will be three new stages, new enemies, and new bosses. Additionally, the expansion pack will contain two emulators of the original black-and-white Space Invaders and 8-bit color Space Invaders 2!
- As part of the series’ 30th anniversary celebration, Taito is reinventing the classic in many ways while keeping the old-school charm of the game we all know. A game originally planned, designed and programmed by one individual, the simple and addictive gameplay can now be experienced with friends and a host of new features.
- Hip New Look and Music: Space Invaders gets a makeover! Revamped graphics, new visualizers exclusive to the Xbox 360 created by Jeff Minter (Llamasoft), as well as upbeat electronic tracks perfectly synched to gameplay
- Features, Breaks and Fever Times: Discover exciting new twists to the classic game that provide exciting, fast-paced and challenging gameplay
- Mini-Game “Round”: Experience varied gameplay and rack up points with 16 different types of the “Round” mini-games launched mid-game
- All-new Multiplayer Play: Battle against or with friends locally or compete online for the highest leaderboard scores
- VS Mode – Last man standing wins in Survivor Mode; player with most point wins in Score Attack Mode
- Co-op Mode – Up to four players tackle the Arcade Mode; take down the toughest invaders with more firepower as you share a single pool of lives
Space Invaders Extreme is currently scheduled for release in 2009.
More articles about Space Invaders Extreme