Iceberg Interactive and developer Zoetrope Interactive are delighted to announce the signing of the publishing rights to Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage, a ‘Lovecraftian’-style adventure game for the PC platform. The rights acquired are for Europe (including Russia, but with the exception of Turkey, Spain and Italy).
In the same deal, Iceberg Interactive also acquired the rights for the first instalment Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder for the same territories, for immediate re-release at a budget price point. Both games will be bundled in the future as well. With the signing of the Darkness Within franchise Iceberg Interactive expands its rapidly growing portfolio of games.
Once again, put yourself into the shoes of Howard E. Loreid and delve into a chilling Lovecraftian world which is getting darker every moment.
In "The Dark Lineage", the second installment of the Darkness Within series, Howard E. Loreid discovers his own horrible past is connected with the madness that is about to swallow him.
The Dark Lineage will take you to places where the "things" of the past still live, and all the memories that should be long-forgotten are still remembered; including a drowsy, depressive town called Arkhamend, a victorian mannsion that hides a lot of horrible secrets, a dilapidated building inside a notorious, snow-clad woods and dim underground buildings and tunnels.
The Dark Lineage is coming more frightening and stronger than the previous installment as it is armed with a more advanced, realtime 3D game engine. Interact freely with the game world: use dynamic light sources, carry them with you to light your way, push, pull or throw objects away to find out the underlying secrets and examine every little detail. A fresh and realistic gaming experience which was not seen in any other adventure game is waiting for you.
Prepare yourself for the descending darkness, this time it will be ultimate.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive says: “We are thrilled to sign up the original Darkness Within game and especially its successor The Dark Lineage. Adventure gamers will have an even greater thrill and chill while playing Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage than they did before, and they will see the Darkness Within saga come to an exciting conclusion.”
- A new and more advanced game engine: With the new and more advanced version of the original game engine of Darkness Within, you can move anywhere you want, light up your way with light sources that cast real-time soft shadows and realistically lift up, push, pull or throw objects with the power of NVIDIA PhysX engine.
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels: Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features: Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams, underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues and interacting physically with the environment.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience: The proprietary fully 3D realtime game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals, and dynamic lighting and shading, in a first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere: An immersive experience is created by a fascinating Lovecraftian story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
Darkness Within: The Dark Lineage. developed by Zoetrope Interactive, is currently scheduled for Q1 2010.
More articles about Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage