Patch 1.9.3 adds many new features but is also a data patch that adds for the first time ever in any game, the smaller divisions for the most advanced basketball leagues in the world.
Also the new features like the ability to load and unload tournaments further improves the game that is considered by everyone as the best Basketball Management game in the world.
Below is a list of changes and new features that patch 1.9.3 includes:
- New code that will make daily updates 22% faster than previous WBM 2009 version (and 49% faster than WBM 2008).
- Ability to select which countries will be played in order to further improve speed.
- Fixes the NBA drafts bug.
- No more CPU teams condition bonus in order to lower game's difficulty level.
- Rosters have been updated in the following Countries:
- New tournaments added:
- French League Cup
- French Second Division
- Italian Second Division
- Greek Second Division
- Spanish Second Division
- Turkish Second Division
- Tournaments updated:
- French cup
- Portuguese league
CHANGES FROM RETAIL VERSION 1.9.0:
- Match difficulty is now optimized by the user and can be Easy, Normal or Hard. Note that the default in version 1.9.0 is now hard and that normal is the default.
- Launcher is added so that the user can:
- Change AI difficulty
- Change Skin
- Enable/Disable Sound
- Enable/Disable Match videos
- Enable/Disable Intro videos
- Enable/Disable Full screen mode
- Contract offers now appear more often and with a random order.
- Changes in translations
- Bug in demand case 3 is fixed. After increasing their fee the player still appear to have a problem with their contract. This now is fixed.
- The different value on experience attribute on match and browse is now fixed
- Added specific news for academy players that reach the age of 18 and will leave the Academy.
- The error on select/deselect (highlight) in summer camps is fixed.
- The summer camps list can now be shorted according to various summer camps attributes.
- The bug with human controlled teams that didn't visit any summer camps is fixed.
- The computation of cohesion stars in match clipboard is fixed
- The bug with making demand to the administration the last date of the period is fixed.
World Basketball Manager (WBM) is a basketball strategy game. It uses the same game-play principles as most soccer management games do and covers all basketball action around the world with 89 national and international tournaments, 852 teams, 10.000 basketball players and 1.000 managers.
WBM has been around since 2003 with a new edition every year and has managed to earn a place in the market as one of the most highly acclaimed games of its genre. The accurate representation of the basketball world forces the players to make the same decisions and face the same problems as their real life counterparts. It deals not only with the sport aspect of the game, but also with financial, managerial, administrative, training, psychological and PR situations that arise in the everyday life of a basketball manager.
Undoubtedly the biggest success of WBM is the real time match engine that produces realistic results and accurate match statistics, using a genetic algorithm for the A. I.
Another huge plus of the game is the big network of researchers that help in data and tournament updates.
All of the above helped WBM establish itself in the minds and hearts of basketball and sports sims enthusiasts over the past few years, with an already impressive and ever growing community supporting the game.
WBM 2009 is here to expand the series with impressive new features and improvements that include:
- Better control in your career and club economics using the ability to make demands to the Administration.
- Improved match algorithm.
- Improved interface.
- Short keys make navigation easier.
- New code makes daily update 27% faster.
- Financial bonus for managers that "build" teams.
- Cohesion bonus for teams with many native players.
- Improved transfers algorithms so that clubs buy more players under contract and less free agents. This will help you sell more players.
- Ability to arrange friendly matches.
- Better fouls balance.
- Ability to cancel timeouts.
- 22 new tournaments raise the total number to 89.
- All major tournament formats have been updated.
- Available in 10 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Serbian, Spanish and Turkish.
- The most detailed data research so far.
- Windows Vista 64 support.
- Updated Data Editor.
- Ability to change skins.
- Ability to select news breaks in daily update.
World Basketball Manager 2009, developed by Icehole, is currently looking for a publisher.
More articles about World Basketball Manager 2009