In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
The swamp landscape with its branching channels lies in the northern part of the up until now known game world of Taborea. While fish-like creatures of a species known as ‘Tiktaalik’ make the marshes themselves unsafe, the temples found on the higher ground are populated by wild clans of trolls. Furthermore this is the first region where players will come across the Naga for the very first time. This saurian people are entwined in ancient secrets which players will slowly unravel as the second chapter progresses.
A village built in a pueblo-style lies at the heart of the zone and serves as a central contact point with merchants and quest givers. Around 200 new tasks in the 'Weeping Coast’ will help adventurers to climb to level 52.
The opening up of the ‘Weeping Coast’ and with it, the start of the multi-stage launch of ‘The Elven Prophecy’ is scheduled for August this year. The climax of the official release will then happen one month later in September.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic