Disney Interactive Studios today announced The Princess and the Frog video game, a new game title inspired by the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures animated comedy adventure film, “The Princess and the Frog.” Scheduled for release this fall exclusively for Wii and NDS, The Princess and the Frog video game features favorite moments from the film and new challenges for Tiana, the story’s main character.
The Princess and the Frog video gametakes players on an exciting journey through New Orleans with characters from the film, including Tiana, Prince Naveen, Dr. Facilier, Ray, Mama Odie, and many others. Reminiscent of classics like “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Lion King” and “Aladdin,” the feature film marks the return to the magic of the Disney musical. The video game brings the magic to life on Wii and DS.
‘The Princess and the Frog video game is a fun, delightful adventure containing characters and themes that will resonate with people everywhere,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “The Princess and the Frog exposes families to a rich, cultural world of music, cooking and customization set in the enchanting locations of New Orleans and The Bayou.”
The Princess and the Frog for Wii includes more than 25 mini-games designed for 1-4 players so that the whole family can join the fun and interact with all the main characters of the movie as they help Tiana pursue her dreams. Players can make The Princess and the Frog their own with customization activities that include performing and dancing to music, cooking New Orleans style and dressing up Tiana in multiple outfits.
- Over 25 replayable Wii-exclusive mini-games for 1-4 players
- Play & move to music, cook New Orleans cuisine, and try on multiple outfits with Tiana & her friends
- Collect Mardi Gras beads to trade for new dresses, fabrics, ingredients and recipes
- Explore quest hubs with drop-in/drop-out Multiplayer
- Discover five beautiful New Orleans hub locations including the French Quarter and the Bayou
- Have fun with eight playable characters and multiple NPCs
On NDS, players master the art of platforming as Tiana and Ray— jumping, swinging and soaring their way past obstacles to advance through multiple levels and solve exciting environmental puzzles. Gameplay includes collecting ingredients and recipes, cooking dishes, and performing music with 1-4 players. Players can also collect real recipes and save music in the game’s jukebox.
- Play as Tiana and Ray and master the art of platforming as you swing, jump and soar to new heights
- Explore 27 beautiful levels set in New Orleans and the Bayou
- Go on special quests to find and collect items & ingredients and outsmart enemies along the way
- Cook New Orleans cuisine in multiple activities and discover real recipes
- Perform music with 1-4 players and save tunes in the game’s jukebox
- Use Ray’s special abilities to fly through the Bayou
- Includes DGamer - the online community exclusively for Disney gamers. Customize unique 3-D avatar, create a persistent profile, chat with friends, share “Princess and the Frog" themed accessories, earn in-game honors and unlock exclusive Disney content
The Princess and the Frog video game for NDS also includes DGamer - the online community exclusively for Disney gamers. Players can customize unique 3-D avatar, create a persistent profile, chat with friends, share themed accessories, earn in-game honors and unlock exclusive Disney content.
The Princess and the Frog is the only video game inspired by the studio’s tentpole release where players can experience Tiana’s exciting world in an aspirational way together with family and friends. Both games can be played in English, Spanish and French. Amaze and Griptonite Games developed The Princess and the Frog video game.
More articles about The Princess and the Frog