v1.2 Patch Fixes:
- dedicated server applications added (NVServerGui.exe is the version with graphical interface and NVServer.exe is the command line version)
- additional physics, memory and rendering optimization
- secret areas counter added (on the objective screen in game and in Challenge Room menu)
- info about possibility to skip cutscene displayed in game where appropriate
- combo special effects better balanced
- minor enemies AI fixes
- automatic save game added between the 2 stages of battle with first Big Boss
- minor text bugs fixed
v1.1 Patch Fixes:
- rendering performance improved, especially for higher settings of dynamic shadows and ambient occlusion
- level loading times shortened as well as quick-save loading times
- playing online between users having different language editions is possible (Russian edition was incompatible with other versions)
- "Man of Courage" (Normal) difficulty level more balanced (easier)
- gas mask now works properly in Necromancer's Return mode and in Stronghold level
- possibility of crash after saving in paticular area in Trench Warfare level fixed
- minor menu options placement corrections
- problem with possible shotgun jamming while using 'Pure fatality' combo fixed
- bug, preventing player from placing Geballte ladung by the door in The Hill level, after loading the game, fixed
- possibility of crash after skipping the cutscene with the dragon on The Hill level in Necromancer's Return mode fixed
- minor formatting bugs and inconsistencies in the dialogues, grammar mistakes and single overlapings inside menus and cutscenes corrected
- added support for no-driver 16:9 format screens (thanks Sebastien "ztorm" Essel for help)
NecroVisioN is a next-gen first-person shooter taking place in a variety of locations from battlefields of World War I to much darker and brutal underground world of vampires and demons. Sceneries range from realistic to dream-like, opponents from enemy troops to fantasy creatures – old fashion look and style of the game is going to remind the world setting from the Lovecraft's horrors and seamlessly mix the war shooter elements into it. Player will fight enemies using environments, powerful and evil artifacts, vampire technology, and authentic WWI era weapons.
Set in 1917, the Great War has been raging for two long years and new recruit Simon Bukner, a US Army soldier, is the latest to face the harsh realities of war. His first mission sees him get lost deep behind enemy lines, alongside his battalion of Allied troops, after trying to break through the German positions and into Allied territory. The Germans attack hard and the Allieds get pushed deeper into enemy trenches until they’re ambushed and gassed.
Bukner manages to escape into an underground safe-house but everything has changed. The dead are rising from their muddy graves and attacking any living creature they can find. Now Bukner must try and escape through the scores of German soldiers, while fighting off flesh-hungry zombies. As Bukner shoots his way through the trenches, he uncovers a truly horrifying plot to create an army of the undead.
But, in a bizarre twist, Bukner discovers that the zombie force is actually being created for the benefit of humanity. A shadowy group of vampires has enlisted the help of a necromancer to make them their own personal army of the walking dead. This unlikely alliance is a final effort for the vampires who are struggling to stop terrible demons from opening up a portal to Hell and wiping out every living thing on Earth.
Now, armed with powerful vampire weapons and a magical artefact called the Shadowhand, Bukner must venture into the bowels of hell and stop the demons once and for all.
- Intense and explosive fights
- Huge boss battles
- Combat System + Spell System
- Mix of realistic and fantasy weapons, enemies, levels
- Interactive elements and simple riddles adding depth to the overall gameplay experience
NecroVisioN, developed by The Farm 51, is currently scheduled for release Feb. 20, 2009.
More articles about NecroVisioN