Combat Arms deploys players into a dangerous war zone teeming with soldiers of fortune looking to make a mark. The online shooter will advance the FPS genre by offering a rich free-to-play experience and introducing customization features unavailable in the current generation of online FPS games. Players have the ability to tailor their gaming experience by customizing how their characters look as well as which guns and equipment to carry into battle. A large arsenal of deadly weapons can be modified with attachments such as silencers, scopes and extended magazines.
Nexon America has welcomed over two million registered users into Combat Arms and uncovered some other remarkable fun facts since the game launched last July.
- Over 3.2 billion soldiers have been killed in action.
- Over 517 million of those casualties were caused by headshots
- 27 million Nutshots have been inflicted since April Fool’s Day 2009.
- Over one million games played per day since launching last July.
- Over 154 million terrorists have been eliminated since Fireteam Mode was released at the end of May 2009.
- Over 35 million flags have been captured.
- Over four million bombs have been planted of which three million have exploded.
- Over 180,000 clans have been created.
- Soldiers have earned over 25 billion EXP. If one player had this much experience, he or she would have earned the game’s top rank, General of the Army, over 3000 times.
- Soldiers have earned 66 billion GP, which is enough to buy every weapon and piece of gear from the shop to last many lifetimes.
Combat Arms delivered a load of new content during its first year. The game has added 10 new maps, four new game modes, over a dozen new characters, over 100 weapons and gear. There have been over 30 special items as well, including clan emblems, customized reticles, bonus passes and default weapon changes. The game has also added a gifting system, new voice audio, an improved melee system and several user interface and playability enhancements. And of course, Combat Arms added the popular and unique game feature, Nutshot.
Nexon America is celebrating this anniversary with several different events. Players will enjoy bonus play during the July weekends, offering the opportunity to receive bonus EXP and GP. There is also a photo contest with the chance to win limited-edition Nutshot T-shirts and GP. Go to the official Combat Arms website for more information on these great player events during July.
The game is beginner-friendly while providing great depth for veteran gamers. By rewarding players who win matches and make kills with in-game currency and experience points, Combat Arms extends the game beyond an individual match. Accumulating both will help soldiers rank up to unlock and acquire new weapons and equipment. Further, the game extends beyond the battlefield through an extensive set of community features with a focus on clans. Players can recruit, manage, and communicate with their clan members, all within the game. Additionally, players can maintain a persistent profile to track their experience and performance to see how they rank within the Combat Arms community.
Combat Arms focuses on improving accessibility and community while maintaining a high fidelity combat experience. The free-to-play offering combined with low system requirements will encourage new players enter the traditionally hardcore space.