The game is set in a modern world. Players will take part in the political, economical and social life of a big city. They will run businesses, engage in commerce, and suffer the consequences of confrontations with criminal groups and shadowy law enforcement figures. Powerful AI will support the constantly changing atmosphere of the streets and enable players to feel the live pulse of the Megapolis.
CrimeCraft, a massively multiplayer third-person shooter, role-playing game is a unique forerunner into a genre dominated by fantasy and sci-fi themes as it transports gamers into a lawless city filled with gangs, crime and street-style justice.
Fans interested in participating can now sign up for the upcoming closed beta test.
Consumers who purchase CrimeCraft at Best Buy will receive two months of free play time and a number of exclusive in-game items, including two in-game t-shirts from acclaimed real-world fashion labels and a combat backpack for their avatar. Gamers will also receive a virtual Best Buy discount card that allows them to purchase in-game items at a reduced cost.
Those gamers pre-ordering CrimeCraft via Best Buy retail stores or online, will additionally receive virtual in-game shoes from Ecko Unltd., created by fashion icon Marc Ecko, access to play the pre-release version of the game during beta, and three days’ head start at the game’s launch.
Key Features :
- Crime – Perform various “tasks” and “jobs” for money and experience which can be used to help you gain a reputation, learn new trade skills and perform new abilities in battle.
- Craft - Use the loot gained from battle to create your own weapons, clothing and performance boosts.
- Unreal Technology - Explore the vast world of Sunrise City beautifully rendered by the powerful Unreal Engine 3.
- Intense TPS Action – Battle other players or AI enemies with a wide range of weapons, explosives, abilities, and enhancements at your disposal.
- Deep RPG Gameplay – Over 40 skills to specialize in as your character progresses over 50 levels of advancement.
- Personalize - Amazing depth in the variety of clothes, weapons, items, and skills available to distinguish your character and your crew from the masses playing online.
- Team Up - Form virtual gangs to build a reputation, assign rankings, pool money and goods, and buy gang hideouts.
- Underground Economy - Control the quality and cost of manufactured items that you create, modify, or repair. Then sell, trade, or auction them to other players on the open black market.
Gamers can begin pre-ordering CrimeCraft in stores on June 7 or online beginning May 31.
Vogster Interactive's CrimeCraft is scheduled for release on August 25, 2009.
More articles about CrimeCraft