The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is a completely re-imagined version of the first game in the series that adds updated high definition graphics, a re-mastered musical score, and full voiceover to the classic adventure game originally launched in 1990. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be made available on Xbox Live Arcade, and PC.
Back by popular demand, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition faithfully re-imagines the internationally-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audiences alike. The development team at LucasArts is bringing the game into the modern era with all-new HD graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system has been added to help players through the game’s side-splitting puzzles. Purists will also delight in the ability to seamlessly switch between the updated HD graphics and the original’s classic look.
The game's twisty plot leads hero, Guybrush Threepwood, on a hilarious quest throughout the fabled Monkey Island. Tales of pirate wealth attract Guybrush, who lands at the port of Mêlée with high hopes, no money and an insatiable desire to become a pirate. If the player is clever enough, Guybrush will win the confidence of Mêlée's established pirates and soon find himself blown by the winds of fate toward Monkey Island -- a storied isle whose name alone chills the bones of even the most bloodthirsty buccaneers.
These efforts are just the start of LucasArts’ new mission to revitalize its deep portfolio of beloved gaming franchises. In addition to these new Monkey Island projects, LucasArts recently revealed that the classic adventure game Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (originally released in 1992) is included as an unlockable bonus in the Wii version of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, set to be released on June 9. Additional announcements are forthcoming.
LucasArts will release The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition via Xbox LIVE Arcade (800 MS points) and for PCs ($9.99 / Steam) on July 15, 2009.
Madballs in … Babo: Invasion
A gameplay rich, feature laden "casually hardcore" action shooter, Madballs in...Babo:Invasion is that rarest of gaming commodities: a genuinely unique title. Featuring the recently re-released Madballs characters, Oculus Orbus and Horn Head, from the popular 1980's toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colorful names, MiBI is an arena-based 3D shooter where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, Madballs in...Babo:Invasion has a plethora of features and game modes such as 4-player online co-op along with, never-before-seen in an Xbox LIVE Arcade title, being able to incorporate your Xbox LIVE Avatar into multiplayer combat via the 'Avatar Attack' mode. Yes, Xbox LIVE Arcade combat just got personal. And with up to 16-player multiplayer support, MiBI will be one of the few Xbox LIVE Arcade games to support more than 8 players at a time, and the only avatar-based game to support 16 players.
By selecting the "Avatar Attack" mode from the multiplayer Skirmish menu in MiBI gamers will be given the option to use their custom Avatar as a fully-controllable in-game character. Once selected, the "Decappuccino Machine," in a very sanitary manner, will painlessly separate the Avatar's head from its body where it will then be fitted and equipped with some heavy hitting and highly explosive artillery! And unlike the bright gooey mess that Madballs and other Babo spew when they take damage, each Avatar head is hand-filled by the loving and caring folks at Playbrains with only the finest confetti to ensure a pleasant and colorful display upon destruction.
- Single Player - Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op - challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in 'Enduro' mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer - 21 maps to match all game sizes
- 'Invasion' Mode - the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- 'Avatar Attack' - Multiplayer combat with your Xbox LIVE Avatar
- Classes - 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs Characters - Oculus Orbus and Horn Head from the infamous 80's toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes - Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables - active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets - 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action - emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers
Madballs in Babo Invasion, developed by Playbrains, will be releasing on Xbox Live Arcade and PC on July 15, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide.