In the Bookworm Adventures series, players take on the role of Lex the bookworm, leading him through a series of well-known books and fictional characters which Lex must overcome by forming words from an ever-changing set of letter tiles. Making longer and more complex words gives Lex greater fighting prowess, while special "gem" letter tiles offer a range of power-up effects of their own. Various potions and treasures give Lex added power, defense, health, and dozens of other persistent or one-time abilities. In the new sequel, wild card "rainbow" tiles, 20 new treasures and zany literary "companions" - fictional animal allies including Mother Goose and the Cheshire Cat - all provide players with even more ways to spell S-U-C-C-E-S-S. Three new mini-games augment those from the original BWA, offering a total of six different "side quest" activities to earn additional potions and power-ups.
"Bookworm Adventures Volume 2 exceeds its predecessor both in wordy fun and goofy puns," said Tysen Henderson, Executive Producer at PopCap. "From the crazy book themes and brand-new game play to the powerful new 'companions' who join Lex on his adventure, Bookworm Adventures Vol. 2 takes the original word-game-with-light-role-playing-game play and runs in some exciting, funny new directions."
- 3 all-new books of ten chapters each: "Fractured Fairytales," "The Monkey King" and "Astounding Planets"!
- All-new infinite Replay mode! Pick a book, fight foes and score big points!
- 6 mini-games, including all-new "Mutant Words," "Golden Coins" and "Word Up"!
- Battle more than 130 ferocious new foes while wielding over 20 terrific new treasures!
- Companions! Literary figures join Lex and battle by his side!
- Rainbow Tiles! New potent wild card tiles allow you to build the gigantic words of your dreams!
- Arena mode! Spell quickly to defeat your toughest enemies!
- Achievements - earn trophies, points and badges!
Bookworm Adventures 2 will be available beginning July 30 exclusively on PopCap.com for $19.95.