Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up is the first Ninja Turtles video game that is not directly tied to a movie, television show or comic book. The 4-player action brawler features a variety of battle modes including online multiplayer gameplay, minigames, and an original story mode for single player co-created with Peter Laird.
While similar to Game Arts' Super Smash Bros. Brawl project, Smash-Up offers some new surprises and features for a new shell-raising experience. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up will be a key event in the year-long "Shell-ebration” of the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant NinjaTurtles which, in addition to the video game launch, will include new and exciting products and experiences for TMNT fans in the U.S. and around the world.
Ubisoft has just taken the wraps off of an additional three new playable characters for the upcoming game are unveiled: Nightwatcher, Karai and Fugitoid (Don is also re-introduced).
- Choose from a wide variety of classic TMNT heroes and villains, each with unique acrobatic moves, weapons and combat skills that will come in handy during the free-for-all brawls.
- Not only can you immerse yourself in the world of TMNT through the story mode, you can also challenge your friends at home or online in a variety of multiplayer modes including tournament, battle royal, and more.
- Packed with over-the-top ninja action and smack-talking gameplay, Smash-Up offers hours of fun for novice players as well as ninja masters. Finding unique combos and unlocking and special attacks add more elements to each character and battle.
- Be prepared for interactive levels with moving arenas, gators jumping from the water, and many more surprises. Collect “shells” during battles and mini-games to unlock memorable moments and exclusive content of TMNT’s 25-year history.
- The single-player story mode offers a completely original story written by Peter Laird (the co-creator of TMNT). But unlike his previous comic books and movies, this time you get to be a part of the story.
More articles about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up