DCUO offers a dramatic online setting where players can enter the DC Universe and battle alongside or against their favorite DC Comics heroes and villains including such icons as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker, as well as many other fan favorites such as Green Lantern, The Flash, Catwoman and Martian Manhunter. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations as Gotham City and Metropolis among others.
Award-winning writer Marv Wolfman has joined the creative team at WildStorm Productions that is working with SOE to bring the DC Universe to life on the PS 3 and the PC.
Supporting the game’s distinctive, dynamic look is a physics-based combat system that makes traditional role-based massively multiplayer online games a thing of the past. With DCUO, players will have virtual powers that feel truly epic in scope from the get-go. Fly around, grab a bus, and toss it at your foes. Shoot energy blasts from your power ring as you dash with incredible speed along the side of a skyscraper. Or turn rivals into ice cubes and then lob them from atop the Daily Planet building!
Do you have a favorite hero or villain in the DC Comics Universe? Or do you have serious issues with the likes of Superman or Mad Hatter?
Good or bad, DC Comics and Sony Online Entertainment are giving fans a chance to express their passion for their most beloved or despised DC characters in a new video contest on DC Universe Online’s official MySpace site. Fans who visit SOE’s booth #5201 at San Diego Comic-Con, July 22-26, 2009, are encouraged to submit their videos on the spot at our BFF kiosk!
The DCUO BFF Promotion lets eligible participants submit a video of up to 30 seconds to explain why they would like to virtually meet, fight and become BFFs with their chosen character in-game.
“Whether it’s a song-and-dance tribute to the Pied Piper, or your diabolical plans to trick Mr. Mxyzptlk into saying his name backward, this is a chance to have fun and show just how creative fans can be,” said Debysue Wolfcale, global senior brand manager, Sony Online Entertainment.
Further details are available by visiting the official DC Universe Online website.
- Based on the distinctive, acclaimed artwork and designs of comic book legend Jim Lee.
- Iconic DC Comic settings and characters, from Gotham City to Arkham Asylum, Batman to Blue Beetle.
- Players can enter a persistent DC Universe and fight alongside their favorite heroes and villains to play their own adventure in the mythology of these legendary characters and locales.
- DCUO will be an online world that stays true to the DC Comics property and allows players to feel and act like super heroes or villains.
- Physics-based fighting turns vehicles, streetlights and other players into weapons, resulting in dynamic combat scenarios that are different every time.
More articles about DC Universe Online