The concept behind Evolution is to give MMO fans the experience of being a space pilot in a visually stunning Sci-fi environment with newly enhanced gameplay and advanced AI. In Evolution, players carve their own space hero experience representing one of three nations: Solrain, Quantar or Octavius. Players advance by engaging in combat, mining, missions, exploration and trade.
Evolution’s universe is large and versatile; allowing for both comprehensive PvE and PvP experiences. As player actions impact the economy and faction relationships, fresh and unexpected challenges are generated from the dynamically changing universe. Evolution provides players with a variety of experiences to fulfill all their space fantasies.
Jumpgate Evolution lets you jump into the cockpit and fly your ship just by moving your mouse, giving sci-fi fans a unique opportunity to experience a large and versatile universe. As a space hero from one of the three different nations: Solrain, Quantar, or Octavius, players can interact with both PvP and PvE content earning advancement through combat, mining, missions, exploration, and trade.
Jumpgate Evolution is currently in the Friends and Family testing phase, already providing select gamers with a chance to experience the game’s sci-fi thrills first-hand. NetDevil’s aim is that these tests will provide the community with the opportunity to change the game, on the basis of producing a highly enjoyable and quality experience.
“This is a fantastic achievement for everyone involved with Jumpgate Evolution,” said David Solari, Vice President, Codemasters Online. “We have received overwhelming support for the game since the commencement of its Beta sign up last year and our fans have been clamoring for the Beta. We expect our fans to agree that it was well worth the wait.”
“Our players’ enthusiasm continues to exceed our expectations at every milestone and we are extremely excited to achieve such fantastic support,” said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil. “We have thoroughly enjoyed obtaining some valuable feedback from the people in our Friends & Family test, helping us to take the next major step towards launch.”
From a variety of small fighter ships and capital ships to giant battle stations, players get to engage in galactic space combat for an MMO experience unlike any other. Visually stunning graphics at minimum PC specs, accessible yet rich gameplay, and advanced AI are just some of the prominent features of this new epic and dynamic online universe.
A wide variety of single-pilot combat and utility ships ply the spacelanes of the Skein. Though all ships can be categorized as light combat, heavy combat, or commercial vessels, there is still considerable variance within each functional role. For example, a patrol fighter produced and operated by a division of the Zelcane Trust may have different characteristics from other patrol fighters operated by the Octavian Imperial Navy. Individual ships within any class can be customized by their pilots, to emphasize a strength of the class, or to mitigate a perceived weakness.
Jumpgate Evolution features:
- New rendering engine scaling from fixed function to pixel shaders for maximum market reach.
- Explore multiple sectors in different cosmic environments where no man has travelled. From fields of asteroids to gigantic space stations and structures, space is alive, full, and interesting.
- Engaging and responsive AI, creating the feeling of a living, changing universe.
- Tons of missions are generated from the changing conditions of faction conflicts and economic demands. Multiple missions types available include: combat, patrols, escort, mining and delivery.
- A real supply and demand economy - responsive to player trading activity.
- Enter the massive online universe of space combat where players can engage in PvP and PvE content. Player can also take part in epic battles from a large number of space fighter ships to capital ships and giant battle stations.
- New user interface to make the game more engaging and accessible. No tutorial needed! In a very short period of time, players can begin their space hero adventure in Evolution.
- Hundreds of medals and titles can be earned and players will be featured on Evolution website’s Leader Boards. Players can purchase and manage their own space stations, while controlling the price and availability of goods and materials. Players can also form powerful squads to engage in activities with their friends and allies or battle against enemies. The possibilities are limitless.
Codemasters Online have confirmed that they will be the exclusive publisher / operator of this next generation MMO across Europe and will be working along with NetDevil to bring the game to the North American market.
More articles about Jumpgate Evolution