Players will be able to sing to original music of Jackson 5 classics including the number one hits "I'll Be There," and "ABC." The Jackson 5 content will be featured on the final disc at launch along Jackson 5 themes and photos. This original Jackson 5 content and themes will further distinguish Karaoke Revolution in the marketplace by being the first karaoke game to feature licensed music of the Jackson 5 across all next-generation gaming consoles.
"The music of the Jackson 5 is timeless," said Careen Yapp, Vice President of Licensing and Business Development. "We are thrilled to partner with UMe and EMI to pay homage to the American institution known as the Jackson 5 in Karaoke Revolution. The Jackson 5 was the first group to have four consecutive number one singles, and to have those iconic hits like 'I'll Be There' or 'I Want You Back' will give fans both old and new a chance to experience their music in a way they have never before."
"Konami are the pioneers of the karaoke gaming genre, in the same way that the Jackson 5 were pioneers for many of the pop groups and artists that have followed in their path. We're pleased to be able to have been able to provide fans of the Jackson 5 with a new way to experience the classic music that made them such worldwide stars" adds Rod Kotler, Vice President of Music Resources at EMI Music Publishing.
Additionally, the game will let karaoke fans sing and compete against friends with expanded multiplayer modes, 50 all-new hit songs from master recordings, as well as an endless amount of customizable venue options and newly enhanced customizable characters, including dramatic facial and body morphing.
Karaoke Revolution's expanded multiplayer modes allow players to throw karaoke parties with their friends, or perform solo in a single-player career. If you want to hear your favorite songs in succession, just create a playlist, pick up the microphone and jump in at anytime! Players can sing to a wide variety of contemporary hits and classic favorites from licensed master recordings. In addition, those using either the Xbox 360 or the PS3 can utilize the co-op Party Mode with online game modes for up to 8 players or battle with or against each other in the ultimate competition.
Also new to this year's version are the enhanced customizations that allow singers to design and personalize their venues and characters in ways that are guaranteed to catch the attention of the crowd. Karaoke Revolution offers singers the opportunity to create a virtual representation of themselves with the abundance of character customization and body manipulation options. Players can record themselves with the Xbox LIVE Vision Camera or the PlayStation Eye to incorporate themselves right on screen inside their custom venues! While Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers can also select and download licensed master tracks, share exclusive venues and additional clothing and accessories.
Like all versions from this acclaimed franchise, Karaoke Revolution features a proprietary voice recognition technology which accurately recognizes and scores vocal pitch and rhythm. Real-time feedback is offered by the dynamic crowds that fill each virtual venue. The game comes packaged with a microphone providing players ready-to-perform access.
- The only singing game available on all 3 next gen platforms (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3)
- 50 all new songs that are licensed masters, featuring contemporary hits and classic favorites
- Perfect for parties or to play competitively and become a star :
- Party Mode : Multiple game modes for up to 16 players to compete with or against each other, create party set lists and jump in and out of the game with ease
- Career Mode: Sing your way to fame and stardom by competing in career mode and unlocking new venues and accessories
- Ten brand new customizable venues, plus 6 fully customizable venues to personalize your own venues
- Players have the option of including the original music videos in the venues
- All new downloadable content on the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions:
- Licensed master tracks
- Create yourself in the game using the new custom character creator, including facial and body morphing.
- Xbox LIVE Vision Camera and PlayStation EyeToy support in online games (Xbox 360 and PS3 only)
- Improved scoring system and proprietary technology that accurately recognizes and scores vocal pitch and rhythm
More articles about Karaoke Revolution