In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
The update expands the MMORPG world with among other things, the ‘Goblin Mine,’ a new mini-game. There is also a new weapon quest series being added to the game. The anticipated release date for ‘Secret of the Goblin Mine’ is July 28th.
The ‘Goblin Mine’ solo adventure sends the adventurer into a cave full of pesky green creatures, as well as some weird and wonderful elemental beings. Players have 30 minutes in which to perform three tasks inside the dungeon. They are allowed just one attempt per day to do this, and anyone who dies during the adventure, loses their chance for the day. Those who succeed, receive rare armor recipes and handcrafted objects from the treasure chests at the end of the dungeon. There are also two new titles to reward particularly diligent Goblin hunters, one of which being ‘Goblin Hero.’
Along with the ‘Secret of the Goblin Mine’ patch, an epic weapon quest series is also being implemented for all players. Tasks which demand everything from players and their companions are a part of the toughest quest series that Runes of Magic has to offer. But, the effort will be worth it. Players who manage to come out on top, battling against Taborea’s most challenging opponents, will find themselves rewarded with some legendary weapons at the end of their travels.
Now, players in Runes of Magic have the chance to cultivate plants in their own homes. Seeds and pots of varying quality define the yield of the plants as they grow. So only those who regularly water and fertilize their crops will find they have a harvest in three to seven days. If players neglect their plants, they’ll shrink after a few days. Once the plants have grown, players will see a reward for their labor. Together with ore and wood, there is even a rare blue handwork material which can be harvested.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic