Real Heroes: Firefighter, developed in cooperation with a 27-year firefighting veteran, will challenge players to take on the role of a rookie firefighter as they strive to save both lives and property from a series of fires raging through a major metropolitan area.
Enter the soot-stained boots of an everyday hero as a newly graduated Fire Academy cadet getting their start in a big city firehouse. Experience raging infernos and explosive environments in this unique first person action game. Use the firefighter’s tools of the trade like the axe, hose and chainsaw to rescue survivors and get the fires under control.
Featuring Epicenter’s proprietary “Thinking Fire” technology, Real Heroes’ blazes will seem almost alive as they not only attack structures, potential victims and firefighters, but also cause unexpected changes to the environments that will suddenly alter the player’s options and strategies – no two scenarios will play out the same way. Success will depend equally on the player’s mastery of realistic firefighting tools and techniques and on the player’s ability to think and react quickly under pressure.
The cast of voice actors for “Real Heroes: Firefighter” includes:
- James Marsters – known to many as “Spike” from the cult-classic TV series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” Marsters will be playing Louis “Match” Morris, the veteran seen-it-all tough guy.
- Michael Jace – coming off his sixth season as Officer Julien Lowe from the hit TV series, “The Shield,” Jace will be voicing Lt. Dylan Scott, the second-in-command of the player’s fire dept.
- Jamie Kennedy – a popular comedian and actor, Kennedy will be the game’s comic relief as he voices Marc “Cam” Cameron, a younger firefighter who is more brawn than brain.
- Jenette Goldstein – best known for her role as Private Vasquez in the classic film “Aliens,” Goldstein will play Esmerelda “Ezzy” Vasquez, a tough-as-nails firefighter with a bit of a chip on her shoulder.
- Jack McGee – a staple of firefighting films and TV such as “Backdraft” and “Rescue Me,” McGee will voice Ed Martin, the veteran Engineer of the firefighting team.
- John Di Maggio – having provided voices for dozens of characters including Bender from “Futurama,” and Marcus Fenix in “Gears of War”, Di Maggio will take on the role of Captain Tomihiro Kotaka, the no-nonsense leader of the squad.
Key Features :
- Use full-motion swings to hack down doors with your axe and pry apart crushed metal with the Jaws of Life, taking full advantage of the Wii’s motion sensing controllers.
- Thinking Fire technology delivers cunning a dangerous enemy unlike any that has been seen before as the flames have a mind of their own.
- Be part of a squad as your fellow firefighters work with you to make sure everyone makes it out alive.
- Diverse locations and scenarios test your firefighting skills, from a collapsing bridge to an engulfed shopping mall
Conspiracy Entertainment's Real Heroes: Firefighter, developed by Epicenter, is scheduled for August 4, 2009 for $29.99.
More articles about Real Heroes: Firefighter