DJ Hero will drop the needle with a completely fresh experience and legendary artists including Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, Beck, Beastie Boys and N.E.R.D. DJ Hero features more than 100 individual songs that have been transformed into more than 80 exclusive, original mixes by superstar DJs including DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip and DJ AM. With an innovative, new turntable controller and the hottest music collection of original music, DJ Hero is a unique new social music gaming experience that will excite the millions of dance club music fans who can now play along to hit songs from a range of genres including hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock and electronica allowing them to rule the party with original mixes.
Joining the internationally acclaimed DJ, producer and recording artist DJ Shadow, who has been consulting and contributed several mixes for DJ Hero, and making their video game debuts, DJ Z-Trip, a founder of the mashup movement who’s known worldwide for his sold out shows and eclectic style, and DJ AM, one of the world’s premier and most in-demand DJs today, appear as in-game characters and have each created multiple exclusive mixes for DJ Hero.
In addition to the DJ Hero game, the Renegade Edition includes a premium Renegade turntable controller, hardshell turntable carrying case that converts to a performance-ready DJ stand, and an exclusive JAY-Z and EMINEM 2-CD pack featuring unreleased tracks.
The makers of Guitar Hero introduce a new way to experience your favorite music. With DJ Hero you will be the life of the party as you scratch and mix more than 100 songs into over 90 unique mixes.
Learn basic and advanced DJ Hero techniques, then spin your way through different set lists in beginner, easy, medium, hard, and expert modes. Grab your friends and start your own DJ Hero party.
DJ Hero Renegade Edition includes:
- DJ Hero game
- Renegade turntable controller featuring premium metal controls and finish
- Hardshell turntable carrying case that converts to performance-ready DJ stand
- Exclusive JAY-Z and EMINEM 2-CD pack featuring unreleased tracks and collectible case designed by artist Shepard Fairey
Jay-Z and Eminem will contribute some of their popular songs to DJ Hero and will collaborate on a special branded edition of the game that will include an advanced version of the game's turntable controller, a metal traveling case that transforms into a performance-ready DJ stand and two exclusive music CD compilations featuring greatest hits and new mixes from each artist. Jay-Z and Eminem will both provide downloadable content later this year that will give DJ Hero fans fresh mixes of their material.
In DJ Hero, faces in the crowd are transformed into the life of the party as the game’s turntable controller – created exclusively for DJ Hero and featuring familiar DJ tools including a fully-rotating turntable, sample buttons, effects dial and cross fader – immerses fans into the authenticity of DJ culture and a sea of music. By utilizing and mastering various DJ techniques including scratching, blending, cross fading and sampling, while leaving room for creative expression with a variety of effects and player chosen samples and scratches, gamers will rule the party performing music as only a DJ can. Social expression is heightened with euphoric multiplayer gameplay where two DJs can battle competitively or have a player join in to emcee over any track in the game with a mic. Additionally, gamers can rock together as DJ Hero features DJ-guitar exclusive mixes played with a turntable controller and Guitar Hero guitar controller.
- Feel Good Inc." (Gorillaz) vs "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
- "Jayou" (Jurassic 5) vs "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock)
- "Bustin' Loose" (Chuck Brown) vs "Time of the Season" (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "All Apologies" (Nirvana) vs "Give It to Me Baby" (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Let's Dance" (David Bowie) vs "Jack of Spades" (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Shout" (Tears for Fears) vs "Pjanoo" (Eric Prydz)
- "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock) vs. "Lapdance" (N.E.R.D.)
- "Here Comes My DJ" ( Grandmaster Flash) vs. "Cars" (Gary Numan)
- “Izzo (H.O.V.A.)” (Jay Z) vs. “My Name Is” (Eminem)
- Dizzee Rascal - “Fix Up, Look Sharp’ vs. Justice - “Genesis”
- “Hollaback Girl’ (Gwen Stefani) vs. “Give It To Me” (Rick James)
- “Boom Boom Pow’ (Black Eyed Peas) vs. “Satisfaction” (Benni Benassi)
- “Sabotage” (Beastie Boys ) vs. “Monkey Wrench” (Foo Fighters)
Activision's DJ Hero, developed by FreeStyleGames, is scheduled to launch on PS2, PS3, Wii and X360 fall 2009.
More articles about DJ Hero