In Aion, gamers explore a celestial world of breath-taking beauty and epic adventure. Players create either winged Elyos or Asmodian avatars, sworn enemy races that discover a common foe: the twisted and depraved Balaur.
In Aion, players experience the thrill of flight as a strategic and integral part of gameplay that touches combat, quests, and exploration. In addition to unprecedented character customization and unmatched visuals, Aion invites players to soak up its breath-taking world through exploration of more than 1,500 quests, intense visceral combat, and a deep crafting system. For the first time in an MMO, Aion introduces a new game system that pits players against each other and their environment simultaneously in an otherworld zone called the Abyss.
The Sorcerer is a Daeva who follows the Star of Magic. They are able to freely wield the destructive power if the natural elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water. A sorcerer is a scholar at heart, evident by the books and orbs they normally carry with them. However, these items can be dangerous weapons in their hands as they help to increase a Sorcerer’s power.
Players can now secure their copy by preordering the Aion Limited Collector’s Edition (only 50,000 being produced worldwide) which features a variety of exclusive items, or the standard edition featuring an exclusive SteelBook case limited to the first production run.
Players who preorder Aion receive guaranteed entry to all scheduled Aion beta events, exclusive in-game digital items, early access to the servers at launch and special game benefits including character and server preselection privileges. Featured in-game digital items for Aion preorders, include an exclusive Black Cloud Hat and Lodas' Amulet, as well as one of five different Ancient Rings of Power dependent on retail purchase location.
As a special promotion in North America, Aion preorder participants will have a chance to win an Alienware Area-51 m15x gaming notebook (US$2,324), and other great prizes such as HIS Hightech ATI Radeon HD video cards (US$164.99 and US$79.99) and one of ten yearly subscriptions to Aion.
To take advantage of the special preorder promotion and secure their copy of Aion, players may visit one of several participating retailers. For complete Aion preorder program details, visit the official website.
- A massively multiplayer online game featuring antagonistic relationships between angels, demons and a server-controlled NPC faction, The Dragons.
- The most amazingly beautiful and detailed MMORPG ever, that brings the realities of what you can imagine to life.
- The Crytec game engine is used to create unprecedented freedom of 3D movement for your character in the game world - climb sheer cliffs and fly through moving clouds.
- Powered by cutting-edge graphics technology, this game provides Hollywood quality cinematic control of scene and perspective.
- Control and transform the world – servers feature independently driven, player inspired storylines.
- Cultural boundaries are defied through this offering of art, story and style with global appeal.
- Asia’s top New Age musician, Yang Bang Ean, whose work includes compositions for television, feature films and anime series such as the “The Twelve Kingdoms™” (Juuni Kokki), provides an amazing original score for the game.
- Introducing PvPvE – an evolving conflict system that manages the complex relationships and alliances between realms, races and guilds, and also controls an NPC faction, The Dragons, who are the common enemy of all players.
Aion: The Tower of Eternity is set to launch in Europe on Sept. 25, 2009.
More articles about Aion: The Tower of Eternity