In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
With Runes of Magic’s second chapter ‘The Elven Prophecy’, publisher Frogster is creating additional dungeons for groups of up to six players in the newly discovered reaches of Taborea. The first challenge is a journey into the secret underwater world. The ‘Heart of the Ocean’ instance leads adventurers to the bottom of the ocean and into action against sea monsters and the mysterious Naga people.
Located off of the ‘Weeping Coast,’ the eastern sea reveals its dangerous flora and fauna to players. Fish-like beings have already settled the coastal region and live in harmony with the Naga – powerful reptilian creatures which play a pivotal role in the story of Runes of Magic’s second chapter. Giant luminescent jellyfish light up the caves and canyons and players should watch out for their extremely long and highly poisonous tentacles.
Only characters at or above level 50 can make the underwater journey and accept the challenge of ‘Heart of the Ocean’. Numerous quests lead through the dungeon, which is ruled by powerful bosses. While a diminutive Naga Queen keeps player groups on the go with her extensive spells, a gigantic crab deals out its own variety of close combat. It is an arduous path right up until the end boss. Once he has been summoned, the end boss has some particularly nasty tricks in his repertoire – the petrified stone statues of past adventurers bear witness to those who have gone up against him unprepared.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic