Something is consuming out universe, a vast and ancient force almost beyond our comprehension. Millions of years ago, the minions of that power found their way to the third planet of an unremarkable yellow star. Ours. The race they created came to call their masters "The Watchers." For millennia we knew them as gods and served their dark purposes, but a few humans developed extraordinary powers. They were known as the Adepts and they rose up, banishing The Watchers into a parallel universe, where they've manipulated and schemed from afar. Until now.
Dark Void is a new sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and on-foot combat set in a parallel universe called "The Void." Players will take on the role of Will; a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances. While on a routine air cargo flight his plane crashes in the Bermuda triangle leading him to be trapped in the Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival at the head of a group called The Survivors. Caught in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
Dark Void's unique combination of in-air and on-ground combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void's vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and drop enemies from above and below, bringing a whole new sense of vulnerability and thrill to the player. Defying gravity in vertical combat is only half the battle as, over time, Will is upgraded to a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat as gamers are able to fly through the void at unparallel speeds shooting down anything that gets in their path. Blasting away at massive bosses has never been this much fun as Dark Void offers a unique grip system made up of a variety of grip-based mini-games including skyjacking UFOs mid-flight.
Composer Bear McCreary, known for his work on popular sci-fi TV series Battlestar Galactica and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, has signed on to score Capcom’s highly-anticipated third-person action game, Dark Void. He has gained international renown over the last few years for his amazing work on Battlestar, and Dark Void marks the first time McCreary will be creating the score for a video game.
- Sci-Fi Action-Adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for unparallel 3D third-person shooter experience
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls jumping from surface to surface or hijack UFO's while in mid-air
- Explosive hover and rocket pack and special in-air moves allow players to fly with reckless abandon while performing hair-raising stunts
- The Void- a mind-bending parallel world where an evil alien race called, "The Watchers" are waiting ...
- Mysterious thought-provoking storyline based on conspiracy theory and strange phenomenon
- Main character, Will, is a regular pilot turned unlikely superhero in a wild ride to save humanity
Dark Void is currently scheduled for release in 2010 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
More articles about Dark Void