Wolfenstein brings the Nazi's dark obsession with the occult to life, by intertwining fast-paced, intense story-driven combat with a diverse sci-fi experience. As BJ Blazkowicz, a highly decorated member of the Office of Secret Actions (OSA), you are sent on a special mission into the heart of the Third Reich to investigate evidence that the SS hierarchy may possess a new and mysterious power.
Set within a near-fictional, historical WWII setting, you are thrust into the unknown and unexpected to battle against combat troops, otherworldly forces, and the dark science created by a supernatural Nazi force hell-bent on world domination.
In multiplayer, you're not BJ--you're a member of either the Resistance or the Axis, and you play as one of three roles: soldier, medic or engineer, each with their own unique veil powers that are specific to their responsibilities within the team.
Multiplayer veil powers won't include the slowing of time, as they do in the single-player campaign, but will instead work as more traditional class-based powers. For example, the medic's veil power is a simple healing ability.
Eight multiplayer maps will be playable on three modes:
- In Objective mode, the attacking team tries to complete one or more objectives in the map while the defending team tries to stop them
- In Stopwatch, you do the same but swap over at half-time, and the attacking team which completed the map fastest is the overall winner
The game will also feature a choice of unlockable upgrades to weapons and powers. The unlocks for each give you options on what to upgrade and when, but you can only have one unlock per category (weapon, item, veil power, etc.) active at once. Some of the choices you'll have to make are things like power versus accuracy, reload time versus recoil/muzzle kick.
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (included & required for Windows XP & Vista)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GT or ATI Radeon X800
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
- Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer
Wolfenstein is in development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, scheduled for release on Aug. 18, 2009.
More articles about Wolfenstein