Vanishing valedictorians? Scared salutatorians? What’s a school to do? In the 21st installment of the Nancy Drew PC adventure game series, the school in question calls on the super-sleuth herself, Nancy Drew, the star of Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy.
Inspiring today’s tech-savvy generation of future leaders much like its literary counterpart has for more than 80 years, the latest case features Nancy as an undercover student at the prestigious Waverly Academy as she attempts to thwart a vicious chain of events directed at the school’s most promising students.
“As empowering as our games are for female players, at the end of the day they still must be as challenging and fun as their competitors, and with Warnings at Waverly Academy we have all the compelling ingredients needed for a hit,” said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive. “Our games are really mystery-adventures wrapped in layers of increasingly complex puzzles that require deductive reasoning to not only get through, but to ultimately determine the culprit, and that sense of accomplishment is what keeps our community so committed to the franchise.”
In Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy, players take on the role of Nancy Drew as she heads undercover at a prestigious all-girls boarding school to discover the culprit behind threatening notes and dangerous accidents that seem to be targeted towards the academy’s valedictorian candidates.
To fit in at the school, players will immerse themselves in the boarding school culture by exploring the campus, helping other girls with projects and navigating the social scene. To build the case, players will surreptitiously snoop through dorm rooms and snap cell phone pictures of evidence they come across. A handy, adjustable skill feature lets players choose to play as a Junior or Senior Detective depending on their mystery-solving abilities.
- Play as Nancy Drew and go undercover at a exclusive girls’ academy.
- Immerse yourself in the high school drama by texting, cramming for projects, and navigating social cliques.
- Snoop through dorm rooms and take pictures of possible evidence with your cell phone camera.
- Run the school snack bar and play air hockey in the student lounge.
- Take risks without starting over – the game will automatically return the player to the point before the fatal mistake.
- Choose from two difficulty settings (Jr. or Sr. Detective) to allow players of all skill levels to solve the mystery.
Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy will be available from the Her Interactive website for a suggested retail price of $19.99.
More articles about Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy