Featuring an authentic and comprehensive UFC atmosphere, including an extensive roster of the best mixed martial arts fighters in the world.
UFC 2009 Undisputed is an explosive fighting game that will detail the action, intensity and attitude of a UFC live event. Players will explore a deep roster of more than 80 top fighters in UFC competition across all five weight classes. In addition, they will enter the Octagon surrounded by the sport’s popular commentators, announcers, referees, trainers, Octagon girls and more. Photorealistic models are at the forefront, as players will view amazing ripple effects across the faces and bodies of their fighters from the impact of devastating punches and kicks.
The patch for UFC 2009 Undisputed has been released worldwide on Xbox 360 and throughout Europe for PS3. (The patch is still in submission with Sony Computer Entertainment America, but its release is expected shortly). We wanted to get the patches out to the UK public rather than make you wait until all versions were completed!
Included in the patch update are the following items:
- Online matches will better support issues with users who leave a match. The game will now detect users who disconnect and will assign a “Loss,” as well as a “Did Not Finish (DNF),” to that player. The DNF is only assigned to the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the “Online Ranked Match.” When disconnected, the “Winning Streak” is also reset to zero.
- Ranked Matches have been adjusted to match players with better connections.
- The difficulty of performing submissions against computer opponents has been adjusted to improve the balance of submissions vs. striking.
- The Flash Knockouts rate has been adjusted so they are less frequent.
- The maximum number of points awarded in online play has been increased from 99,999 to 999,999. The “Max Level” has also been increased from 100 to 200.
- The “Winning Streak” bonus maximum has been moved from 5 to 3.
- Decimal places on the “Leader Board Winning Percentage” have been changed so that only whole percentages are shown.
- Create-a-Fighter (CAF) issues have been addressed so that the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also, any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used online.
- For PS3 users, game freezes during auto-saves have been eliminated. The controller used to “Press Start” on the title screen will be identified as the main controller.
Fan-favorite and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin will grace the worldwide cover of the upcoming UFC 2009 Undisputed videogame. Griffin, a prominent fighter with solid striking skills, earned his initial UFC contract in 2005 after winning the first season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.
In addition, a special cover of the game will be made available in Canada featuring current UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre. Recognized for his tremendous athleticism and strengths in several mixed martial arts disciplines, St-Pierre is a Quebec native who recently received the prestigious “Canadian Athlete of the Year” award for 2008.
A brand new fighting game engine designed specifically for next generation systems will deliver innovative, responsive and easy-to-play controls that give unparalleled command of fighters, as players take down opponents with a variety of mixed martial arts disciplines like Muay Thai, Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In addition, the game’s Create-A-Fighter system will jumpstart the careers of future champions through character customization and training management, while a robust Career Mode will develop a fighter’s attributes and skill sets while fighting to enter the UFC Hall of Fame through a series of dynamic storylines. Furthermore, players will be able to enhance their UFC 2009 Undisputed gameplay experience through online support, including downloadable content.
UFC 2009 Undisputed is currently available worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360.
More articles about UFC 2009 Undisputed