With a pedigree which includes a reputation for being one of the best side-scrolling shooters in gaming history, the R-Type franchise is considered to be a cult masterpiece of the shooter genre. Celebrating its 21st year since first appearing in Japanese gaming arcades in 1987, R-Type Tactics melds this classic brand with state-of-the-art tactical gameplay.
In a desperate war against the mysterious alien race known as the Bydo, humanity sends wave after wave of fighters into Bydo space none of which are ever heard from again. Mankind's main hope now resides with a lone commander sent to lead a small armada on a perilous mission into the heart of the Bydo Empire. Low on fuel and forced to scavenge resources and equipment from the surroundings, the commander must use all his cunning and wits if he hopes to succeed, let alone make it home alive.
“R-Type has one of the strongest brand heritages in the gaming industry,” said Martin Defries, managing director of Rising Star Games. “Many fans have grown up with R-Type, grown older and more mature. It’s fitting that in its 21st year the franchise has acknowledged this and created a game for these fans that is both refreshingly new and familiar at the same time.”
- Upgrade your fighters to take maximum advantage of the battle field
- Battle the gigantic enemies which occupy multiple hexagonal grids
- Your arsenal includes fighters, warships, carriers, EWACS, re-supply vessels and bombers
- Customize your aircraft for optimal effectiveness
- Employ tactics and strategy with every different weapon in your armament
- Capture enemy units and integrate them into your own fleet
- Create your own fighters from cannibalized captured units
- Discover hidden maps to gain access to the secret stages
- Browse the 3D model data vault
- Unlock the Gallery Mode and savour the beautiful graphics
R-Type Tactics is currently available worldwide.
More articles about R-Type Tactics II