The Covenant control Earth. The Flood is unleashed. With the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance, Master Chief is the only one that can save the human race. The entire epic story arc has led up to this moment. Master Chief, the last of his kind, is a warrior born for combat, bred for war… and humanity’s only hope.
After stowing away on a Forerunner spacecraft, Master Chief, a genetically altered, cybernetically enhanced Spartan supersoldier, must race back to Earth to stop the Covenant once and for all and save mankind. With his artificial intelligence companion Cortana in the grip of the Flood’s intelligent embodiment, Gravemind, Master Chief and his allies are vastly outnumbered. But the stakes are too high to do anything but face them head on.
In “Halo 3,” the third installment of this legendary epic, the war has come to a climax - the Flood continue to grow in numbers and strength, the armies of Earth are scattered and decimated, and the Covenant threaten to activate the Halo, effectively destroying all life in the galaxy. Master Chief’s mission: to stop the Covenant, destroy the impending Flood threat and ultimately save mankind
If you're an Xbox LIVE Gold Member (if not, upgrade now!), and you want a chance to play with Static-X, send a friend request to the following Gamertags and be online half an hour before (4:30 P.M. ET) the Game with Fame session starts on Saturday, July 11, 5:00 P.M. ET. If you get a chance to play with Static-X, we want to hear about it! Send us an e-mail with the subject: "GWF - Static-X." Be sure to include your Gamertag and home town.
GAMERTAGS: StaticX GWF 1 and StaticX GWF 2 [**please note space between StaticX and GWF and 1]
Static-X have released six studio albums including their platinum debut Wisconsin Death Trip (1999), Machine (2001), Shadow Zone (2003), Start a War (2005), Cannibal (2007), and their much-lauded latest, Cult of Static (2009). Frontman Wayne Static says of their new release, "Our sound is always evolving. This record has a lot more depth to it. I went back to layering the music and making it moodier. It's just as heavy as the last record is, but it's bigger. It's got very epic moments. There are extremely heavy parts, but this is also the kind of record you can chill out to with headphones on. For me, it was about having a balance between fast, driving songs and dreamy, electronic passages. You can completely escape with it." Static-X consists of Wayne Static, Koichi Fukuda (guitar), Tony Campos (bass), and Nick Oshiro (drums).
- “Halo 3” raises the bar on the next-generation gameplay experience with non-stop action, an incredible story, massive battles, and visually stunning worlds.
- Epic and compelling storytelling on a scale never before seen in interactive entertainment with new weapons, characters and challenges. You can experience Master Chief’s greatest battle as he transcends greatness and becomes a legend.
- Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, “Halo 3” builds upon the unique social multiplayer experience of “Halo 2” and promises to enhance the innovative and evolving online gameplay of “Halo 2” on Xbox LIVE.
- Presented in stunning HD, see the well-known “Halo” universe as it’s never been seen before. State of the art HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting makes every scene look and feel like the real thing, from terrifying gloom to dazzling sunshine, adding more detail to every weapon, more texture to every character, and more realism to every battle.
- Countless foes, each with their own distinct personality, strategy and fighting style, make for better encounters and more replay value, which will culminate in larger scale combat than ever before witnessed on the “Halo” battlefield.
- Staying true to the original games, “Halo 3” will support four player split-screen and system link gameplay, letting gamers battle it out both online via Xbox LIVE or with a group of friends right in their own living rooms.
- Made famous as a key component of the renowned “Halo 2” multiplayer experience, Bungie.net will continue to innovate how gamers track their progress, as they view their rankings and stats in real-time.
- Duck as a rocket sizzles over head. Take action as the footsteps of a Covenant adversary echo in the distance. Every sound in “Halo 3” is fully positional Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, bringing the world of “Halo” to an even more vivid level of realism.
More articles about Halo 3