Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited will introduce an innovative new business model that is designed to provide an extraordinary experience to players who want a choice in how they pay and play online games. Players can download and play DDO Unlimited for free with the ability to purchase additional content and items in the new DDO Store to enhance their experience. Alternatively, players can choose to join the new DDO VIP program and gain unlimited access to all premium content plus a number of exclusive benefits for a single low monthly price. Turbine has launched a new website where players can learn more about DDO Unlimited and signup for the Beta program which launches today.
The new upgrades to DDO Unlimited include:
- New Player Class: Players can now create characters using DDO Unlimited’s newest class, Favored Soul. Favored souls draw on divine magic to both heal and destroy. Like clerics, favored souls have access to powerful healing spells, but they are also more skilled with weapons than any other spell caster. Like sorcerers, they get a larger number of spell points than other spell casters and cannot freely switch spells at taverns or rest shrines.
- Raised Level Cap: Players can now advance to 20th-level under the D&D rules. This includes access to new arcane and divine spells, new character abilities, feats, and skills.
- New Adventure Packs:
- The Plane of Battle -- Players can now travel to the Plane of Shavarath and explore a large wilderness area as they try to infiltrate several fortresses and upset the carefully laid plans of the Devils.
- The Crime Syndicate -- Coin Lord Yorrick Amanatu, who controls the Stormreach Guard, wants players to help him eliminate the growing Sharn Syndicate presence in Stormreach.
- The Fiercest Combat – This update introduces some exciting enhancements to DDO’s extraordinary combat experience including a new combat feedback and smart targeting system that gives players even more information and control that lets them fully engage in the battle by relying on their wits and reflexes in real time.
- Mind-blowing Visuals – Explore DDO’s vivid and dangerous online world featuring some of the most advanced graphics in the industry with the fully deployed DX10 technology that brings the world to life.
- The Return of the Marketplace! – Last year, Turbine held a spectacular live in-game event that resulted in the complete destruction of the Stormreach Marketplace. The Coin Lords have completed their beautification project and the once desolated Market has been restored to its days as a center for trade, entertainment, and welcome to all who come to Stormreach!
Turbine’s New Game Offers Players Unlimited Choice!
- Players download and play DDO Unlimited for free by visiting www.ddo.com and within minutes can be exploring a rich, beautiful and dangerous online world crawling with legendary monsters, glorious treasures, devious traps, mind-bending puzzles and endless adventures from the world’s best known RPG. There is no time limit or level cap on free play.
- The DDO Store is loaded with hundreds of convenience items as well as premium dungeon packs, additional character slots, hirelings (hired muscle), potions, character customization and more! The DDO Store is seamlessly integrated into the game play and lets the player identify new and exciting ways to enhance and customize their experience.
- Players who elect to subscribe to DDO Unlimited will have unlimited access to every premium adventure pack, receive priority server access, 10 character slots, a shared bank slot, and a monthly allotment of 500 Turbine Points to spend in the new DDO Store.
Entering DDO Unlimited is a snap using Turbine’s new proprietary delivery technology. Now players can download DDO Unlimited in minutes and immediately begin creating their own character to battle through one of gaming’s most immersive online worlds. Featuring the industry’s most visceral combat system, DDO Unlimited puts players into the heat of battle with full, real-time control over their character’s movement and special attacks. Only DDO Unlimited delivers premium experience for free with many innovative features, including DirectX® 10 graphics, action-based PvE and PvP combat, quests that provide a unique, immersive experience whether you play solo or with a group of friends, and advanced social networking tools that let you participate in a large and vibrant online community.
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited will launch on Aug. 6, 2009 in North America.