Featuring an authentic and comprehensive UFC atmosphere, including an extensive roster of the best mixed martial arts fighters in the world.
UFC 2009 Undisputed is an explosive fighting game that will detail the action, intensity and attitude of a UFC live event. Players will explore a deep roster of more than 80 top fighters in UFC competition across all five weight classes. In addition, they will enter the Octagon surrounded by the sport’s popular commentators, announcers, referees, trainers, Octagon girls and more. Photorealistic models are at the forefront, as players will view amazing ripple effects across the faces and bodies of their fighters from the impact of devastating punches and kicks.
I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.
- We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
- We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
- We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
- We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
- We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
- We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
- . We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
- We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
- For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.
Rest assured our entire team plays A LOT of online matches and we read the boards every day, so we are well aware of the issues. We want to make sure we patch this correctly so it is taking a bit of time, but I can confidently say we’ll be releasing this patch soon.
Stay tuned and thanks again for your support.
Fan-favorite and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin will grace the worldwide cover of the upcoming UFC 2009 Undisputed videogame. Griffin, a prominent fighter with solid striking skills, earned his initial UFC contract in 2005 after winning the first season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show.
In addition, a special cover of the game will be made available in Canada featuring current UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre. Recognized for his tremendous athleticism and strengths in several mixed martial arts disciplines, St-Pierre is a Quebec native who recently received the prestigious “Canadian Athlete of the Year” award for 2008.
A brand new fighting game engine designed specifically for next generation systems will deliver innovative, responsive and easy-to-play controls that give unparalleled command of fighters, as players take down opponents with a variety of mixed martial arts disciplines like Muay Thai, Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In addition, the game’s Create-A-Fighter system will jumpstart the careers of future champions through character customization and training management, while a robust Career Mode will develop a fighter’s attributes and skill sets while fighting to enter the UFC Hall of Fame through a series of dynamic storylines. Furthermore, players will be able to enhance their UFC 2009 Undisputed gameplay experience through online support, including downloadable content.
UFC 2009 Undisputed is currently available worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360.
More articles about UFC 2009 Undisputed