Europa Universalis: Rome Gold (PC)
Europa Universalis: Rome GOLD is a new compilation which contains the grand strategy game set in ancient times - EU: Rome, along with the substantial updates available in the Vae Victis expansion pack.
Set your own goals of conquest or cultural assimilation as you take control of the great powers of the era, in the race for world domination. Conquer and subjugate your enemies or dominate the waters of the Mediterranean Sea and rise to become the greatest trading power in the world. Mobilize large armies to ward off the barbarian hordes or stave off the threat of invasion from powerful neighbors with gifts.
With new features previously only available through the digital download only expansion pack, the road to success is much more difficult to traverse. Governments now hold sway over the actions that can be taken. Senates and tribal councils will order players to conduct missions they see fit to test players' abilities to achieve their goals. Players can also guide their nations to their ultimate goals with the enactment of beneficial Laws. The AI controlled opponents now behave with more vigor and purpose as they set about surviving the turmoil of these times.
Europa Universalis: Rome GOLD has a SRP of $19.99/ € 19.99/£14.99 and will also be available on all leading digital distribution portals on July 10, 2009.
Artist Colony (PC)
Fueled by love, betrayal and creative genius, this casual simulation game entices players to restore a thriving oasis of artists by rebuilding the community. Players must attract new talent to the colony by renovating the gorgeous surroundings and inspiring artists, dancers, musicians and more to become masters of their craft. Once inside the colony, players will create, perform and sell brilliant works of art to revive the ultimate creative sanctuary.
Artist Colony immerses and engages players with a gripping plot, stunning graphics, changing seasons and creative adventure. Featuring 36 characters, each with unique personalities, preferences and creative talents, players strive to complete over 550 masterpieces. Beyond completing works of art, the game requires players to delve into each character's unique passions and emotions in order to guide them through relationships, jealousy and rejection. As they uncover clues that reveal the history of the colony and the secrets behind its original founders, players will be captivated by the pieces that begin to come together in this gripping adventure with a dramatic twist of fate.
Artist Colony is now available for download at Iplay.com for $19.95.
World War II: General Commander (PC)
December 1944 - Germany conducts her last great offensive of the Second World War in what is known as Operation Watch on the Rhine, or the Battle of the Bulge, throwing her last reserves against a thin Allied front line in a bid to unhinge the entire Western Front. Tens of thousands of solders, supported by tanks, artillery and airpower fought for three dramatics weeks around the Ardennes forest to determine the outcome of this gamble. Now you can step up to the commander’s seat and lead your divisions to stop the German offensive or break the Allied defenses. This is World War II: General Commander!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “World War II: General Commander serves as a fantastic introduction for people looking to try the wargaming genre. The simple and intuitive, yet engaging, game system lets gamers pickup and start waging the Second World War on their computer almost immediately!”
World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side. Evaluate the tactical situation while monitoring your overall strategy over real scale 3D maps, with high quality graphics and effects. World War II: General Commander creates an intense command experience with a choice of engagements ranging from defending a single town to the full campaign stretching hundreds of miles and involving all the historical forces!
- Simple and intuitive control system that allows both wargaming veterans and beginners to the genre to immediately pick up the game
- Attempt a last ditch offensive or desperate defense across 14 scenarios including famous engagements like Bastogne and Operation Nordwind
- Fight with 3D units over a beautifully rendered topographic map that stretches across hundreds of miles
- An engaging blend of tactical and strategic considerations – the defense of one town can effect the flow of multiple engagements dozens of miles away
- Realistic operational maneuvers and formations
- Multiplayer support – face off against other commanders in
- Set rally points and withdraw areas to slowly draw down a defensive position and delay the enemy before your next line of defense
- Order air strikes and air superiority missions to turn the tide of any engagement
- Realistic weather patterns visible right on map that effect efficiency and air operations
- Issues orders at the Battalion, Regiment or Divisional levels – lower level units will follow the lead of a Battalion or Division HQ to simply command