Changes in v1.3:
- Standalone server application can now be downloaded so users can setup multiplayer games whenever they like.
- Configurable servers list.
- Server IP can be entered manually in-game.
- A free online-only version has been made available.
Version 1.1 changes (DEC 2008)
- Changes in some game textures (units and game table)
- New animations for infantry unit's death
- Tweaks the supplies system
- Improvements on supply depots placing
- Increase the visualization time of chat text in-game
- Fixed bug refered to the repair of heavy bridges
- On-line and retail versions of the game are now compatible in multiplayer mode
- Error notification when conecting to server with wrong version. Now it includes client and server versions
- The scores for cities, towns and villages are displayed properly
- Fixed a visualization problem caused by tooltips of the controls used to set the game time zoom
- Lower limit of the game time zoom is reduced to x5 in single player
- Fixed bug refered to cities with a single communication way. Crash reported.
- Fixed bug refered to roads that cross the playing area border. Crash reported.
- Fixed bug closing explorer routes
- Checking of the battle file when loading a game
- Fixed localization bug in the main menu screen of german version
December 1944, The German Army Headquarter orders the last big offensive: Watch on the Rhine. Thousands of soldiers supported by tanks, air fighters and bombardiers fought for three dramatics weeks around the Ardennes forest, now you can play it. Feel like a General Commander, leading tens of divisions to stop the German's offensive or breaking th Allied's defenses.
General Commander provides you of new combat systems, scale and supply management. The new rules will give you the opportunity to simulate the Blitzkrieg, the army's movements as it was in the WWII; the combats distance, the map scales and the supply dependency recreate the most accuracy game scenario existing now for Wide Real Time Strategic videogames.
Welcome to “WWII: GC”, the first RTOS (Real Time Operational Strategy) game for the PC platform. The RTS world’s mode breaks with the conventional way of playing and puts the player in an authentic WWII tactical and strategic decision making simulation. Moreover, the operational mechanics of the traditional turn-based strategy game have been optimised and also enhanced by a 3D engine that allows powerful zooms: it provides a continuous 300 square km real playing field, covering Belgium, southern Holland and north west France. The players will be able to direct their divisions, regiments and battalions attempting to occupy the most strategic positions and develop authentic and very close-to-reality manoeuvres.
WWII: GC. Operation: Watch on the Rhine is the first of several scenes that will cover the most important bellicose settings of WWII. The Battle of the Bulge introduces a new concept of game play, but more than anything it’s a game to be played online, challenging one against another in the many scenarios that will be available, or to even create new ones to share with other players.
- Large game area on real dimensions.
- A revolution in terms of new game rules, a new concept which will launch a new series of strategic games.
- Powerful camera zoom that can take the player from 300 km down to a 1 km scale.
- 3D engine with high quality models and animations.
- Double representation to cover less powerful hardware.
- Utmost importance of the supplying lines and highway network.
- Many victory options.
- Many online game options.
- Scene editor.
WWII: GC. Operation: Watch on the Rhine is currently available as digital download only.
More articles about World War II General Commander - Operation: Watch on the Rhine