Developed by EA Montreal, Need for Speed Nitro will have players of all skill levels hooked from the moment they get into the action, while arcade racing fans will be exhilarated by the deep and challenging gameplay. EA Montreal has already established a strong track record of developing for these platforms and will bring their unique creativity and innovation to the Need for Speed franchise.
With the NDS, battle through the mayhem of aggressive cops, take corners at 150 mph, and own the competition on extreme tracks. Boasting a wholly unique look and feel, Need for Speed Nitro thrusts gamers into an exciting flurry of over-the-top fun, where each race track features big air jumps, smackable objects, shortcuts and more!
In Need for Speed Nitro, players will be battling it out right to the finish line. In the heat of adrenaline-pumping competition, gamers must take risks on the road to build up Nitro boost and use it at the right moment to leave their rivals in the dust. They must also be ready to escape relentless cops with a propensity for road blocks. Players who activate their Heroic Driving moves at the perfect time can pull off over the top evasive tricks, outsmarting determined law enforcement in the process.
Gamers can unleash their racing finesse in a multitude of ways with Need for Speed Nitro. Not only do they have access to an impressive list of licensed cars, but they can also attach a graphic to their ride that will overtake the world when triggers are activated, vibrantly telling the story of their racing dominance. Players can also decide how they want to one-up their rivals by picking from a fresh and exciting batch of game modes that feature everything from traditional circuit races to new, over-the-top modes like Smack'm'all.
Each brand has created custom skins for a wide variety of vehicles including the Lamborghini Gallardo, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger R/T, Volkswagen Type 2 and Subaru Impreza WRX. They have also provided over 140 stylistic brushes that players can use to paint and personalize their ride. The cars in Need for Speed NITRO have style, personality and edge unlike any racing game.
The tokidoki brand is one of today’s most popular lines of apparel, accessories, toys, skateboard decks and other merchandise. The brand is characterized by a colorful, high-energy artistic style, while the word tokidoki means “sometimes” in Japanese. The name represents the company’s world view around identity and destiny. tokidoki was founded by Simone Legno and his partners and started as a personal web site before it evolved into an internationally celebrated brand.
Upper Playground is a cutting-edge, San Francisco based brand that brings graffiti culture to all types of street wear such as t-shirts, hats and hoodies as well as housewares and wall art. The Upper Playground punk rock art style has defined it as one of today’s hottest brands among musical tastemakers and Hollywood trendsetters.
i am 8-bit is an artistic collective that brings together over 100 artists reinterpreting their favorite old-school video game characters in a variety of media, including paintings, plush, sculpture, and even interactive pieces. The art is showcased at an annual exhibition held in Los Angeles, California every year since 2005.
“tokidoki, Upper Playground and i am 8-bit create art with distinct and cutting edge personalities,” said Gil Rimmer, Art Director, EA Montreal. “With Need for Speed NITRO, we wanted to give players a variety of ways to customize their vehicles, introducing vivid and fresh urban art styles that have never been seen in racing games before.”
- Ten Game Modes: Showcase racing prowess in a variety of fresh and exciting race modes including, Elimination (last place driver is eliminated at the end of every lap), Circuit (complete 3 laps, first one wins), Smack'm'all (smash objects in a limited time), Tag the World (achieve 100% tagging score in shortest amount of time) and many more!
- Extreme Tracks— From the streets to the off-road to unexpected places like a rollercoaster, each track will feature big air jumps, smackable objects, shortcuts and more.
- Battle to the Finish Line — Whatever the position in the race, players can still build up their nitro boost and use it at the perfect moment to take the lead. However, they can also be taken out by the cops at any time. Anything can happen right to the very last second.
- Heroic Driving – Use the Nitro meter to dodge the cops or overtake rivals by triggering spectacular Heroic Driving Moves like jumping over cars or driving on two wheels.
- Pick and Personalize Rides — Choose from over 30 licensed cars, ranging from modern to classic to exotics to tuner. Then customize them with pre-set colors and images.
- Tag the World — Attach a graphic style to each car and rely on racing finesse to hit triggers scattered on the road. Once activated, the world will be marked with the unique graphic style, loudly proclaiming racing excellence.
- Nitro-Charged Multiplayer— With WiFi, up to four players can take part in intense races, battling it out for victory. Even if they don't own the game, several tracks, cars and game modes can still be shared.
- World Tour Campaign — Take part in street races across six cities throughout the world, including Cairo and Dubai, to unlock new cars, tracks and challenges.
Need for Speed Nitro is in development for NDS and Wii, currently scheduled for release in North America on Nov. 17, 2009 (Europe on Nov. 20).
More articles about Need for Speed Nitro