1 vs 100 Live on Xbox Live transforms you from spectator to player in this new socially interactive game experience based upon the hit TV game show. Enjoy the fun and freshness of a television show in a massively multiplayer online game. Win real prizes not just for skills but for participation. Have fun playing with your friends and family, or compete with other Live Gold members in a friendly game of 1 vs 100 Live. With live events, real hosts, featured players, and fresh content it's a new experience every time you play.
Up to 200,000 people tune in to play “1 vs 100” on Xbox LIVE every day around the globe. Yes, every single day! In one evening alone, more than 215,000 people in Europe and 230,000 in people North America dressed their Avatars to compete in “1 vs 100.” And, up to 114,000 contestants have competed simultaneously in “1 vs 100 Live” shows in North America, effectively beating the Guinness Book of World Record holder in the “most game show contestants - single TV show” category. Up to 79,000 contestants have competed simultaneously in “1 vs 100 Live” shows in the UK and Ireland.
Now it’s your turn. Think you’ve got what it takes? Contestants around the world have won more than one million Microsoft Points to date! Microsoft have also given away cars, home theater equipment, even someone’s hand in marriage (talk about a public marriage proposal).
You still have time to compete! Due to an overwhelming response from the Xbox Live community, Microsoft are extending the “1 vs 100” Beta season by two weeks. The “1 vs 100 Live” season finale airs August 29, 2009 at 5 PM PT in North America, August 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM UTC in the UK and Ireland, and August 30 at 8:00 PM CET in Germany and France, but you can now enjoy “1 vs 100 Extended Play” episodes until Sunday, September 13, 2009 in all regions!
- August 22, 5 PM PT: Donald Mustard, creative director of “Shadow Complex” to guest on “1 vs 100 Live” (North America) Donald will join Chris Cashman live to hang out, and answer questions you submit on Xbox.com. “Shadow Complex” is the finale title in the 2nd annual Summer of Arcade program.
- August 28, 7 PM PT: Felicia Day of “The Guild” to guest on “1 vs 100 Live” (North America, UK) The Web’s favorite writer and comedienne, Felicia Day will join Chris as a special guest of “1 vs 100”. Brush up on your Web series trivia and get ready to laugh along with this witty woman.
- August 26, 8 PM PT: GamerChix He Said/She Said Night (North America) The battle of the sexes wages over Xbox LIVE in “1 vs 100 Extended Play” – who will reign supreme GamerChiX representing the ladies, or Major Nelson representing the men?
- August 29, 5 PM PT: An evening of music. Stay tuned for more details….
- August 29 – August 30: Free Xbox LIVE Gold Weekend (North America): All Xbox LIVE members – both Silver and Gold – can enjoy “1 vs 100” for this weekend only!
- Free game: 1 vs 100 Live is included with your Gold Membership.
- Fun for everyone: Enjoy Live episodes where you play the game at specified times, massively multiplayer allows you to play with friends and against the masses, with a Live host in each game.
- Big prizes! You have the chance to win prizes based on skill (answering questions correctly) and participation (answering a question right or wrong).
1 vs 100 is currently scheduled for release spring 2009.
More articles about 1 vs. 100