Based on the Unreal Engine 3, Fairytale Fights is a truly twisted hack’n’slash platform adventure from Playlogic Game Factory. Players assume the role of a much-loved fairytale character, whose glory days have long since passed. While embarking on a seemingly innocent journey to save the fairytale world from certain disaster, players traverse a series of colourful and enthralling levels filled to the brim with action-packed combat, fairytale-style storylines and loads of blood. Luckily, many different weapons lay strewn throughout the fairytale kingdom, which players can use to slice and dice their way through swathes of cute fluffy bunnies and imposing enemies.
Playlogic’s proprietary in-house technology makes Fairytale Fights the first game ever in which players can truly dynamically slice through 3D models in real-time! Playlogic Game Factory has also developed a volumetric liquid system, granting liquids realistic properties. Blood will splatter across surrounding trees and leaves, and players will even have the ability to skid through puddles of blood left by fallen foes.
Key Features :
- The Volumetric Liquid System allows multiple liquids to blend together. Deep Red Blood will drench the lush surroundings (and the players!), as you slice up the enemies not once, not twice, but multiple times in a frenzied attack! As our liquid system was built on the principles of atoms, creating organic shapes that interact with objects and characters in the surrounding environments is easy. Players can also slide through the pools of blood, creating a blood stained platform in seconds (hell they could even write their name!) Players can melt their enemies (or friends) using Acid Potions!
- Over the past few years, Playlogic Game Factory has been developing their own Dynamic Slicing Technology, codenamed Salami Violence. Players will have full control over how & when to slice and dice their enemies as fully textured, 3D Polygon models will drench the lush surrounding in a sea of limbs and blood! When using Glory Attack, players will be given a window of opportunity to slice up their enemies not once, not twice, but multiple times in a frenzied attack! All this can be seen in close-up thanks to the adjustable PnP window.
- Fairytale Fights is based on the Unreal Engine 3; however our development team has created a world rich in life and colour that uses the Unreal Engine 3 like never before. Playlogic Game Factory’s Real-time Dynamic Slicing technology allows players to slice and dice 3D Polygon Models not once, not twice, but multiple times! Deep Red Blood will drench the lush surroundings & thanks to Playlogic’s Volumetric Liquid System, blood or bile from fallen foes will create a sea of gory liquid to slide and squelch through.
- Fairytale Fights isn’t just a hack and slash platform adventure. Fairytale Fights features a wealth of content spread across more than 20 spectacular playable areas built from the remains books and fairytale memorabilia.
- Featuring over 140 weapons, (each with multiple uses), eliminate foes in multiple ways from slicing and dicing, to freezing, or fire! Burn skin from their bones with Acid Attacks or shove them into oncoming trains!
- Fairytale Fights is a unique concept and has no direct competition.
- Fairytale Fights features 3 difficulty levels, with multiple enemies. Increase the enemy count to increase the gore factor!
- Fairytale Fights is one of the most accessible Platform Adventure games ever offering a mix of visceral bloody violence & adventure with fantastic platforming elements for the more discerning gamer!
The PS3/X360 edition od Playlogic's Fairytale Fights will be available in North America on Oct. 27 (Europe Oct 23) while the PC version is currently scheduled for 2010.
More articles about Fairytale Fights