East India Company v1.06
- The winners of the Commander competition have been added to commander faces
- Ship starting spots have been changed in battles. Ships now start further apart.
- Check for update now informs if a patch is not available
- Ship movement has been improved
- Ships now always surrender with zero morale
- Ship masts will fall only when mast hitpoints go under 10 %
- Crew morale will go down when masts fall
- Ships with masts down won't try to flee anymore
- Cannons will get destroyed more easily
- Problems with some graphics cards fixed
- Problem with special characters in Windows User Name fixed
- Problem with game sometimes freezing in battle end fixed
East India Company v1.05
- New feature: It's now possible to speed up the timescale in naval battles
- New feature: Trade items can now be sorted by Port name, Trade area, Item value and Item price in Trade info view
- New feature: Commander info view upgraded. Has now Profit per ton info for the Main Trade Item when fleet is on Automatic trading route as well as allows for automatic fleet repair on every port visit.
- New feature: All the ships in a fleet can now be repaired by a single button in Ports in Fleets window.
- Mission rewards now increase during the game
- Accepted missions now have sanctions if they are not completed
- Version number is now shown in Main Menu
- Ship speeds in battles have been fine-tuned
- Problems with some older graphics cards fixed
- MTI value problem when selling to other MTI ports fixed
- A crash on some year changes fixed
- A problem with savegames not loading fixed
East India Company showcases dynamic warfare on the open sea, the challenge of establishing profitable trade routes throughout the World, and tense political situations. East India Company is based on the exploits and adventures of the infamous 18th century East India Companies. Developed by Finland based Nitro Games Ltd., players will enjoy building the World's largest trading empire and engaging in vigorous battles within a breathtaking cinematic game environment, in both single player and multiplayer modes. East India Company promises to take strategy war-games to new levels with its technically advanced proprietary game engine. Players will fight, manage and rule nations from Europe to the Far East.
In East India Company, players will assume the role of Governor Director of one of the East India Companies or other rival companies. There are eight nationalities to choose from: British, Dutch, French, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian or Spanish – with the goal of bringing new colonies and wealth such as: tea, spices, gold, diamonds and other precious cargo back to Europe, but they must dominate the other rival empires along the way. Wars will be waged and blood will be spilled. Players will also conquer the open sea and explore 40 different cities, towns and villages.
Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivaling nations at bay. Choose from an array of ship classes and types of transport and military vessels: small sloops, schooners, brigantines, frigates and ship-of-the-line. Create different fleets and assign them to specific trading routes. Controlling well situated ports and upgrading them is one key to success.
Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the spectacular naval battles are fought at a real-time tactical level. Devastating broadsides are fired with a deafening roar and cannon balls tear through enemy ships and their crew. At a tactical level, you have direct command over your ship and give independent orders to each of your other fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all others!
- Spectacular cinematic and epic naval battles
- Two Command Modes: Give orders to all your ships in RTS mode or take the helm of a single ship in Direct Command-mode.
- Unique combination of war and trading
- State of the art diplomacy AI
- Eight playable nations: England, France, Holland, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Spain and the Holy Roman Empire
- Over 10 realistic ship types; from small sloops and cutters to the East Indiaman and warships
- Realistic yet fast-paced naval combat
- Hire fleet commanders who will gain new skills and increase the abilities of your fleets
- Take over ports and protect your shipping routes to create the largest trading empire
- Multiplayer (internet or LAN)
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous players
- Player statistics tracked on the EIC game server
- Several game modes for with single and team approach
- Raise your ranking by thwarting your opponents
More articles about East India Company