The Covenant control Earth. The Flood is unleashed. With the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance, Master Chief is the only one that can save the human race. The entire epic story arc has led up to this moment. Master Chief, the last of his kind, is a warrior born for combat, bred for war… and humanity’s only hope.
After stowing away on a Forerunner spacecraft, Master Chief, a genetically altered, cybernetically enhanced Spartan supersoldier, must race back to Earth to stop the Covenant once and for all and save mankind. With his artificial intelligence companion Cortana in the grip of the Flood’s intelligent embodiment, Gravemind, Master Chief and his allies are vastly outnumbered. But the stakes are too high to do anything but face them head on.
In “Halo 3,” the third installment of this legendary epic, the war has come to a climax - the Flood continue to grow in numbers and strength, the armies of Earth are scattered and decimated, and the Covenant threaten to activate the Halo, effectively destroying all life in the galaxy. Master Chief’s mission: to stop the Covenant, destroy the impending Flood threat and ultimately save mankind
Electronic music group 3OH!3 will display their particular brand of knockdown dragout musicality with Xbox LIVE® Gold Members in Halo® 3 on August 25. If you're an Xbox LIVE Gold Member (if not, upgrade now!), and you want a chance to play with 3OH!3, send a friend request to the following Gamertags and be online half an hour before (7:30 P.M. ET) the Game with Fame session starts on Tuesday, August 25, 8:00 P.M. ET. If you get a chance to play with 3OH!3, we want to hear about it! Send us an e-mail (email@example.com) with the subject: "GWF - 3OH!3." Be sure to include your Gamertag and home town.
3OH!3 is a Boulder, Colorado-based electronic music group consisting of Sean Foreman and Nathaniel Motte. They've released two albums, the well-received debut album of 2007 and the popular Want recording from 2008 featuring the certified platinum single "Don't Trust Me." Their wild sounds have whipped fans into a frenzy around the world. As Foreman says of their latest tracks, "They're so banging, they'll blow any sound system."
30H!3 Game With Fame on Xbox LIVE
Date: August 25th
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM (MST)
Game: Halo 3
GAMERTAGS: Sean 3OH3 GwF and Nat 3OH3 GwF [**please note the spaces and lower case letters]
- “Halo 3” raises the bar on the next-generation gameplay experience with non-stop action, an incredible story, massive battles, and visually stunning worlds.
- Epic and compelling storytelling on a scale never before seen in interactive entertainment with new weapons, characters and challenges. You can experience Master Chief’s greatest battle as he transcends greatness and becomes a legend.
- Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, “Halo 3” builds upon the unique social multiplayer experience of “Halo 2” and promises to enhance the innovative and evolving online gameplay of “Halo 2” on Xbox LIVE.
- Presented in stunning HD, see the well-known “Halo” universe as it’s never been seen before. State of the art HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting makes every scene look and feel like the real thing, from terrifying gloom to dazzling sunshine, adding more detail to every weapon, more texture to every character, and more realism to every battle.
- Countless foes, each with their own distinct personality, strategy and fighting style, make for better encounters and more replay value, which will culminate in larger scale combat than ever before witnessed on the “Halo” battlefield.
- Staying true to the original games, “Halo 3” will support four player split-screen and system link gameplay, letting gamers battle it out both online via Xbox LIVE or with a group of friends right in their own living rooms.
- Made famous as a key component of the renowned “Halo 2” multiplayer experience, Bungie.net will continue to innovate how gamers track their progress, as they view their rankings and stats in real-time.
- Duck as a rocket sizzles over head. Take action as the footsteps of a Covenant adversary echo in the distance. Every sound in “Halo 3” is fully positional Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, bringing the world of “Halo” to an even more vivid level of realism.
More articles about Halo 3