Crash Commando, a PS3 title exclusively for download on PlayStation Network, is a side scrolling multiplayer shooter game pitting two arch-enemy commando factions - the Grunts and the Jarheads - against each other in an all-out fight for world supremacy. Developed by EPOS Game Studios, Crash Commando is a fast-paced, humorous multiplayer game with over-the-top, slap-stick action that features exaggerated gore and effects. Combining the thrill of frenzied multiplayer combat with the straightforward nature of a classic side-scrolling platform title, Crash Commando is accessible to all players and it is the perfect combination of modern, sophisticated technology and traditional gameplay values.
The player controls a commando with a range of weapons and other equipment at his disposal, including a jetpack, C4, jeeps and tanks. Each map consists of two gameplay layers the player can seamlessly move between via portals in the environment. In Crash Commando, action, mayhem, frenzy and turmoil take center stage as particles, flames, explosions and bodies controlled by rag-doll physics insure there is never a dull moment. With a host of both multiplayer and single player modes included, players can enjoy Crash Commando either on or offline.
On Aug. 27, 2009 Crash Commando will be getting a patch with the following improvements:
- Rebalanced primary weapons
- Portraits of the characters on the standing screen
- Access to the online store within the game
- Specific invert axis option for the turret gun
- Improved sound output levels
- Taunt animation when standing still added for original characters
- Improved BOT AI
This coming Thursday (Aug. 27) there will be a bunch of cool new downloadable add-ons.
- Colonel Chaos & Army Chick: Get to der choppaaaa with these two characters. The Colonel is a beefy guy so you best watch out for his lederhosen, and Army Chick may look cute but she packs a mean array of weaponry.
- Nukem Ninja & Maid Mayhem: Who’d have thought Ninjas would be so good with Rocket Launchers?? Well the Ninjas in Crash Commando are….As for our resident French maid…..all I will say if you have a moustache then you may be in line for a date ;o)
- Gangster Rapper & Reggae Rasta: Which is best – Rap or Reggae? Well these two guys like to argue with big guns rather than clever lyrics. Why don’t you help them win their argument!!!
The Heist Map Pack contains 2 new large maps for you to wreak destruction on and the all new Heist game mode will test your crash Commando skills to the limit!!
Grab the bag of cash and get to the safe to deposit it. But beware, the bag is heavy and you won’t be able to use any weapons. You have to rely on your team mates for covering fire to keep your opponents away and see you win the day. If you buy this pack you also get to play Heist mode on all the standard maps too. And don’t forget, this pack will add a new bunch of Trophies for you to collect!!
The new map pack will be available this Thursday for $2.99, and each of the three character packs will be available for $1.99. Or, you can pick up the maps and all of the new characters for a steal at $4.99.
- Commandos have an array of weapons to choose from with machine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers, C4, mines and more.
- Frantic, adrenaline-pumping gameplay with exaggerated, slapstick violence!
- Fight on the ground and in the air, using jetpacks, tanks, or in vehicles!
- 8 maps!
- The hilarious action never slows with up to 12 players battling on a map simultaneously, either online or offline with BOTs.
- Multiplayer modes like Death Match and team-based game modes
- Single player modes like Boot Camp and custom games versus AI-controlled BOTs.
- Online ranking boards!
- A Duty Records Award system, along with Player Rankings, Trophy Support and online Leaderboards, will track player stats and accomplishments
- Voice support!
Inspired by such games as JETPAC on the old Commodore VIC-20, EPOS Game Studios' Crash Commando is currently available on PlayStation Network for $9.99.
More articles about Crash Commando