The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game lets gamers step into the shoes of the Autobots or Decepticons, select any available mission and pick from the largest, most diverse range of playable Transformers - each with their own distinct abilities and weaponry. Set in unique environments across the globe such as Cairo and Shanghai, the game allows players to instantly switch between vehicle and robot modes as they drive, fly, fight and blast their way through intense, pressure-packed levels. After engaging in single player action, players for the first time ever will be able to go online and battle friends in all-new multiplayer modes.
Megan Fox, star of both the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie and videogame, will be on Xbox Live on Saturday, August 29 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time to challenge fans in multiplayer matches featuring new characters and maps from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Character and Map Pack Plus.
Fox will be playing the new DLC content during her Game with Fame session. Her gamertag will be “Megan Fox 2009” and interested fans can visit the official website for more information.
The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Character and Map Pack Plus DLC pack is set for release on August 27, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace and $9.99 in the PlayStation Store for PS3, the pack contains eight brand-new playable characters and three new character skins, most of which are usable in both the single-player campaign and multiplayer. There are also three new multiplayer maps, a new “Expert” difficultly level for the single-player campaign and additional support for Xbox 360 Achievements and PS3 Trophies.
- G1 Optimus Prime
- Primary Weapon: Laser Rifle – This weapons functions the same as Movie Optimus’ Dual Laser Rifles, however it has increased damage and slightly increased ROF since there is only one cannon.
- Secondary Weapon: Shell Cannon – Functions the same as Movie Optimus’ Dual Shell Cannons, again with increased damage and ROF to compensate for not dual wielding.
- Melee Weapon: Energy Axe – Just as it was in the original series, Optimus deploys an energy axe to melee his enemies.
- Special Ability: Valiant Leader – Same as Movie Optimus (Damage reduction, retain at least a sliver of health, increased melee damage), but now turns G1 Optimus Gold (a la “The Golden Lagoon”)
- G1 Megatron
- PW: Lightning Gun – Works the same as Movie Megatron.
- SW: Dark Matter Beam – Works the same as Movie Megatron.
- MW: Energy Ball and Chain – Melee weapon from the original G1 series. Crackles with energy.
- SA: Fusion Arm Cannon – Works the same as Movie Megatron.
- G1 Starscream
- PW: Dual Null Rays – Rapid fire weapon with G1 inspired FX and sounds.
- Dual Homing Missiles – Similar to Movie Starscream’s missiles, except you fire two bursts of three at the same time. Damage is lower to compensate for increased missile barrage.
- MW: Fists
- SA: Megatron Blast – A single shot, high damage blast similar to Megatron’s fusion arm cannon. When performed, a transformed G1 Megatron in gun form will pop out of Starscream’s back and charge up, then fire a massive laser blast.
- G1 Sunstorm
- PW: Dual Null Rays –Same as G1 Starscream’s PW.
- SW: Flamethrowers – Dual Flamethrowers. Will cause sustained damage on enemies as well as overheat their weapons, but you must be very close to be effective with these.
- MW: Fists
- SA: Thermal Wave – Will do a radial blast that will overheat the weapons of any nearby enemies. Great to use in hit and run situations, leaving your enemies overheated and subject to the incoming fire from teammates.
- PW: Slug Repeater – Fast firing machine gun type weapon. Good accuracy and decent range.
- SW: Plasma Crescent Launcher – Boomerang shaped energy missile that will aggressively track to locked on enemies (automatically locks on like the Seeker missiles). Great for taking down air targets.
- MW: Fists – Jazz works with what he’s got.
- SA: Super Speed – Increases Jazz’s movement speed in all forms, allowing for faster travel on foot or in vehicle, and faster melee attacks.
- PW: Pulse Pistols – Rapid fire weapon that shoots big bolts of energy. Not as fast as Jazz’s repeater, but does more damage per shot.
- SW: Proximity Mines – Can plant multiple mines on any surface that will automatically explode when an enemy comes within range. These can be shot directly at enemies so they explode on contact, or can be used to booby trap control points or main areas of combat. Will explode on their own after a certain amount of time or if more mines (above the deployable limit) are fired.
- MW: Arm Blades – Sideways makes use of the dual forearm blades he possess.
- SA: Blade Strike – Single strike, homing melee attack that does high damage. Not a 1 hit kill like Megatron’s Fusion Arm Cannon, but brutally effective none the less.
- PW: Charged Pulse Blast – Charged cannon that does high damage and charges to full power very quickly. Requires skill to use properly, but rewards good aim.
- SW: Sonic Disruptor Waves – Rapid fire sonic energy blasts that do minimal damage, but slow the target down when they are hit continually with this weapon.
- MW: Fists
- SA: Dual Deployables – Depending on his form, SW can deploy one of two different deployables. When his special is used in vehicle form, he will deploy the Jammer Pod which will fly up over the battlefield, and fire down on enemies below, while also cloaking all allies from the enemy’s radar. When his special is used in robot or weapon form, he will deploy the AOE Pod, which will continually smash the ground and damage any enemies who try close in (excellent for defending a control point).
- Jetfire (MP Only)
- PW: Ancient Cybetronian Pistol – Energy weapon that fires at a relatively decent rate, but does good damage with each shot.
- SW: Energon Wave Cannon – Similar to Grindor’s Energon wave. When fired a slow moving projectile will impact the nearest object in its path, then turn into a energy shockwave that will travel for a set distance. Anyone caught in the shockwave will take a small amount of damage, but also be stunned until a few seconds pass or they take damage from an enemy. Great for immobilizing large enemy groups on control points.
- MW: Fists
- SA: Radar Scanner – When activated will reveal all nearby enemies on radar for a limited time.
- Stealth Bumblebee
- All weapons and abilities same as Movie Character
- G1 Colors Ratchet
- All weapons and abilities same as Movie Character
- G1 Colors Sideswipe
- All weapons and abilities same as DLC Sideswipe
- Aerialbot (SP Only)
- All weapons and abilities same as Movie Character (this character is now selectable in certain SP missions)
Courtyard – Fast paced East Coast map that focuses on a heavily contested center action point. This key strategic area allows for views of the entire map as well as control of the high ground surrounding the middle courtyard and its perimeter. Flying characters are able to utilize the open skies and tall skyscrapers to quickly get to advantageous positions, but ground based characters can make use of numerous back alleys to flank around the sides of the map and attack from unprotected angles.
Hillside – A tiered map in a dense urban area of Cairo. Varied height sections on the map make for multiple small arenas of combat, while allowing sneaky players to move throughout the level virtually un-noticed under the cover the surrounding buildings. A central marketplace provides a high point to get views of almost the entire level, but the maze like street layout and numerous buildings mean that you will have to hunt your enemies down in the alleys of this ruined city.
Sandstorm – A very fast paced map that takes place in a smaller section of Cairo. Mostly populated with low level buildings and an open central area, combat on this map is fast and frenetic, with near instantaneous action as there is almost no place to hide. Flying characters can quickly hover above the map for near un-obstructed views of almost the entire map, but this also leaves them vulnerable to ground fire from almost every angle.
Playable characters include:
- Optimus Prime
- Aerialbot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
- Protectobot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
- Long Haul
- Seeker (Multiplayer-exclusive)
In addition to Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox, Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Mark Ryan (Bumblebee), Jess Harnell (Ironhide), Charles Adler (Starscream) and Robert Foxworth (Ratchet) reprised their film roles for the game. Voice-over veterans John Di Maggio (Sideways) and James Arnold Taylor (The Fallen) also join the roster.
- Players can take on the role of their favorite Autobots and Decepticons such as Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Ironhide, along with new characters making their first appearance in a game. With two distinct campaigns that allow players to save or destroy the human race, players can unlock and play missions in any order and with different characters for a whole new experience.
- Instantaneously convert from a colossal robot to a dynamic land or air vehicle such as a diesel truck, sports car, military chopper or fighter jet. New, ultra-fluid transformations can be performed in-motion anytime and anywhere, allowing players to strategically propel through and decimate hordes of enemies with incredible agility.
- For the first time ever in the Transformers universe, players can engage in full, multiplayer action, taking the epic war between the Autobots and Decepticons online to play with friends in a multitude of competitive game modes as they utilize their characters’ unique weapons and abilities to lead their teams to victory.
- Each Transformer can unleash a unique array of assaults on its enemies – ranging from powerful missile attacks and rapid-fire chain guns to explosive energy blasts and visceral melee strikes – allowing players to pick from a variety of weapons and moves in their character’s arsenal and experience diverse gameplay in every brutal encounter.
- Every second counts as players drive, fly, fight and blast their way through gripping, pulse-pounding levels straight from the film and beyond to determine the ultimate fate of the world.
The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game is currently in development by Luxoflux for the Xbox 360 and the PS3, and for PC by Beenox Studios.
Also, Krome Studios is developing distinct Wii and PS2 versions, utilizing the individual platform features to deliver an intense 3rd person action adventure game that combines dynamic robot combat with arcade-style vehicle sequences and flight-based levels. In addition, two completely different titles are being developed for NDS by Vicarious Visions, allowing players to take on Autobot or Decepticon-specific campaigns. For the PSP system, a unique, fast-paced action arcade title is being developed by Savage Entertainment.
More articles about Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen