Concluding the events that began in Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will answer some of the franchise fans’ biggest questions. After discovering that lovable robot Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, the Wrench-swinging Ratchet races to save his best friend. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?
Players can control both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Each will have new abilities at their disposal such as Ratchet’s Hoverboots, which allow him to travel at high speeds and soar to new heights around the galaxy. With all-new Clank gameplay, players can utilize special time-manipulation abilities in an effort to thwart Dr. Nefarious, one of the franchise’s best-known villains who is attempting to control time itself.
After discovering that Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clank’s capture is just the beginning of Nefarious’s latest diabolical plot.
In this follow-up to the best-selling series, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time puts players into the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?
- Discovery Package (Gamestop) – Explore the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac Games’ offices! Scattered through this museum-like level, you will discover a moon’s worth of extra content that didn’t quite make it into the game.
- Power Package (Best Buy) –The Power package includes an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies! (This pre-order program goes into effect over the next few weeks.)
- Bolt Package (Amazon) – The thrifty gamer will find lots to love in this exclusive Bolt Package! Start the game with two of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups — the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher, and you will discover your galactic bank account has already loaded with 5,000 bolts when you start the game.
- Space Package (GameCrazy) – The Space Package offers an exclusive hotrod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion. You also will start with 5,000 bolts as well as an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar Skin!
- An original new adventure and story that answers many of the fans’ most-asked questions wrapping up the story arc that started in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty.
- Travel freely through non-linear levels with new space gameplay that allows players to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables.
- Taking on the roles of both Ratchet and Clank, players will experience new gameplay with each character.
- Use Ratchet’s new Hoverboots to travel at high speeds, soar to new heights and jump off ramps to get to distant locations in search of Zoni and other rare collectables.
- Experience all-new Clank gameplay and special “time” abilities that bring meaning to “past selves.”
- The series’ renowned arsenal gets even larger with new weapons including the Cryo-Bomb Glove, Plasma Striker and Sonic Eruptor, along with classics such as the Negotiator and Buzz Blades.
Get ready for a brand new time-bending, laugh-out-loud adventure when Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time arrives in stores on Oct. 27, 2009.
More articles about Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time